• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

White sharks in Europe?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
In the GWS vs Orca argument , It is my belief that both of these animals are to be respected ,however while I would be wary of the Orca, I tend to believe that the brain power alone would make the Orca less of a threat.
That said If an Orca decided that you would make an acceptable substitute for a Xmas mince pie, I believe that you would be finished.
A GWS on the other hand while maybe more intelligent than the average shark still is not as capable of reasoning as the Orca -hence I would be more concerned about the GWS.
I saw a piece of footage where a GWS is actually killed and eaten by orcas. No contest there.

Yeah Murat, and what are you going to feed them yogurt till they explode rofl rofl rofl

hahahhahhahahahhaa, I hope never see one waiting for a dentex ...

o.k they are "wild" and agressive but i dont agree to put them in the same place with the G.W.shark!!
still isaw them from a zodiac 10-15 m they were friendlly , i asked if i can go down to the water to be near them and the captine says no no no
beacuse i was a turist in canada and we were in a u.s water !?
from the crew i heard that they play with the orcas even swim near them
sometimes the orcas like to show-of and jamp , but they never attack nobady , however you cant take youre dog with you if you go were there are some orcas!!!!!!!!!!!
i also bringing a famos story about LUNA the little orca from vancuover bay
read and tell me if you can put them in the same place with G.W -shark
heres the link
http://www.orcanetwork.org/news/luna.html

Hiya Mundial

After all thats been said, it'd be great fun to have an Orca as a dive buddy!!!!

No more worries about sharks!!!

Any ideas on when i can get one?? :D:D:D

Regards
miles

island_sands said:
lol Miles! I have been doing lots of documentary watching lately as i was ill in bed for a day and half... they were saying that Orcas are as big as an elephant!! (same weight, as you have already mentioned). wow! when they film them its hard to get a feeling of how large they are.

did you see the Blue Planet series? How the pod of killer whales followed a grey whale and her calf, attacked the calf and all they ate was the lower jaw and tongue!~!! After a six hour hunt and torment... they got it all on really good footage.

I can see the damage they would do to a diver... have you seen the games of tennis they have with baby seals?

haha! Just got myself that blue planet dvd set and it's excellent! I'd take my chances with the GWS before I would an orca rofl

paddythefrog said:
haha! Just got myself that blue planet dvd set and it's excellent! I'd take my chances with the GWS before I would an orca rofl

isn't it just?? i think its the best underwater wildlife series i have ever seen..

I spent New Year's in Tofino on the west coast of Vancouver Island, a popular surfing destination. At 'long beach', there is a small island a few hundred meters off shore. Surfers often get close to that island. One of the surfers told us a story of how he had been near that island surfing, and he saw something amazing. There was a large sea lion suntanning on some elevated rocks near the shore. An orca flew out of the water and took one massive bite -- it took and swallowed the center part of the sea lion -- the head and tail fell away onto the rocks.... It all happened in an instant.

that would have to have been quite an experience! I would have been fairly frightened if i had been in the water and witnesed that.

island_sands said:
isn't it just?? i think its the best underwater wildlife series i have ever seen..

I haven't seen a lot of them but this is definitely the best I have ever seen - absolutely incredible, I must see if I can't get it off my brother again as I still haven't seen half of the last episode :)

paddythefrog said:
I haven't seen a lot of them but this is definitely the best I have ever seen - absolutely incredible, I must see if I can't get it off my brother again as I still haven't seen half of the last episode :)

that underwater lake found at 4000m off mexico, that was incredible, with those jets of boiling water and shrimps that actually live in them..! you could never cook them!

absolutely fascinating.. did you see the shark documentary on NG last night?

nah, I work evenings/nights so I watch sod all tv really. Prefer to spend my time downloading vids of shaneshac, browsing forums or playing games online.

Yes, that underwater lake was quite simply stunning to say the least. Incredible colours

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT