• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who here gets chronic sinus infections?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Juliana Payson

Aug 27, 2014
I have pretty much suffered chronic sinus infections all my life. I do have a weird quirk though... I’ve never needed nose clips, nor used them, And I often go face up underwater.
it’s just really weird to me that people can’t go face up in the water, so is it me? Or is it a chronic sinus infection that’s always congested?
I only thought about it because I saw this advert on Facebook targeting me:
https://sinusonic.com/pages/science
I’m thinking I might try this product out. As ive had a chronic low level infection for YEARS I think is fungal. Gross I know, but I’ve never gotten rid of it because I am swimming every other day.

Reactions: Migz
This is one of my favorite things about freediving and breath holding.

I was running into huge problems recently reaching my deepest depths of about 20 meters. My main problem was difficulty equalizing upside down. I finally went to the sinuses solutions as I had pressure when i would invert in the water sometimes.

I started boiling water and inhaling the vapor for about ten minutes. I did saline washes as well. But even more important I stopped eating dairy.

I can't even begin to tell you how eye opening stopping the dairy was. I realized, because i drink so much milk in these smoothies i make, I was in a constant state of congestion. I would go ten days without dairy, and i tried eating a cheese sandwich just to see what would happen. My sinuses start to drip and clog and i even had instances where my allergies (sneezing) would pop up from nowhere right after eating the dairy.

The equalizing head down problem was completely solved. I now do not eat dairy even when not diving, but i do eat it occasionally just because it is annoying to completely avoid anything, but never before diving.

I think i would have lived my entire life without every figuring out i was in a constant state of congestion if it were not for freediving.

Reactions: Leander and Tucks
I have pretty much suffered chronic sinus infections all my life. I do have a weird quirk though... I’ve never needed nose clips, nor used them, And I often go face up underwater.
it’s just really weird to me that people can’t go face up in the water, so is it me? Or is it a chronic sinus infection that’s always congested?
I only thought about it because I saw this advert on Facebook targeting me:
https://sinusonic.com/pages/science
I’m thinking I might try this product out. As ive had a chronic low level infection for YEARS I think is fungal. Gross I know, but I’ve never gotten rid of it because I am swimming every other day.
I'm not a Dr., so this is info. I've learned over the years. Being a diver enlarges the sinus cavity and allows more space for fungus to grow. After you have a sinus infection, a biofilm remains in the sinus cavity making an easy path for the fungus to return. My Dr. suggested using BEG with anti fungal nasal spray for one to two months. It's a compounded prescription for chronic fungus sinusitis and biofilm. In my opinion, if you are having repeated fungal issues, it's very important to address the root of the problem which could be deeper then sinusitus. Go online and search for Eric Bakker and take his (or someone elses) questionnaire about yeast infection. Eric Bakker is very knowledgeable on the subject. Fungus can overcome your body in so many different ways and it's so sneaky. If you address it now versus years from now, it will take a lot less time to get it under control. It's a life changing process that basically saved my life. Wishing you great health for great diving:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT