• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who is this guy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

alastair

Blue Member
Aug 30, 2002
Can anyone ID this Sardinia World Cup competitor?

92.jpg

98.jpg

Cheers

Al

hi

Hmmm let me guess hes wearing a Usa wetsuit the only person I can think of from the Us is Scott Campbell, I dont think Dsv was competiting in 98.

cheers

Except that USA looks like it's been written in with typewriter correction fluid.

Maybe he wasn't part of the official USA team.

He looks quite like the photo of Peppo Biscarini I found :

staticpeppo.jpg

...so maybe Alun got it right.

hi

You are probably right I was just taking a wild shot.

cheers

Yep - It's Peppo. Finswimming chap.

The head picture is part of a bigger one - it is worth seeing the larger one - very, very macho - made me laugh.

:D

He was part of the USA team.

This was before DSV became famous!

:t

It has changed considerably since then I think the only remaining member of that team still competing is SCott Campbell. Glennon was actually competing back then too....

Ben

hi

Yeah Scott was the only one who came to mind back in 98.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT