• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

who? waHOO that is...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
He he he he
I think 7 x 9/16" (14mm ) bands will be the most I will ever place on a gun, but 10 of 1/2" ( 12mm ) doesn't sound too much....:eek: :eek:

Let me get bored shooting 6 x 9/16 bands ( if it works ) on my coming MT3, then I will probably look for a new gun a year after that.

Maybe save some money and custom order a Kitto. But looks like my friend's custom made pneu could be the nearer solution. The last time I tried, there was a leak on some part..........DAMN !!! I could not test it. All I could test was filled up the chamber with water where the shaft sits in, fire it on a cheap plastic bucket. Believe it or not, the bucket has holes from just the water spitting out of the gun !!!!!!!

Indeed 10 meter effective gun with a stock/body no longer than 130cm is my technical dream gun. Looks like 11-12mm shaft is the only way to go if the shaft is this short. It will be like shooting a 50 caliber sniper gun without a bipod support.

Here is how it looks like, a prototype. My 81cm Metal Tech #0 and Mares 85cm as comparison size.

It does not have a trigger guard yet
It is all solid stainless steel and weights -2kg in water.
If all goes well, I will ask a pro machine shop to make one out of more exotic metal to reduce the weight.
The firing chamber can not be made out of aluminum because the piston hitting the muzzle stop generate massive shock.

Here is a closer look.
Mid handle, sort of. Pushrod for the trigger. Currently designed for 9.5mm shaft. I am pushing for 11mm ones.
This is a very slow, take my sweet time project for the designer. This baby have got the latest trigger design and I like it.

here is a pic of the big one of the day...still waiting for the pic of my fish...:( Im the goofy s.o.b. squinting on the left:cool:

Attachments

• mike_marcel.jpg
    mike_marcel.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 322
hi

Rig thats quite an impressive fish congrats. One thing though the water in the background doesnt look very blue well not Extremely blue anyways.

cheers

good eye Ivan...it was borderline clean green/blue, definately not "cobalt";)

first dive...first hoo;)(Andrsn will hook up the pic shortly b/c I am not capable:head )

Damn that wouldscare the shit of me if I saw that thing swimming near. I would like an SMG in my hands propped up on my dive float than that small 90 speargun of mine.

great work Rig

BladeRunner OUT

That o9ne is not mine:( Marcels was BIG though. The pic of my baby hooter will be up soon.

hi

Nice one Rig it kinda looks like that fish has a beak like a bird :cool:

cheers

hi

Andrsn how the hell did you do that ?. Computers and technology is to advanced for me.

cheers

NEWS FLASH !!!!!!!!!!!

CNN Quoted

" The Famous Rapper, Rig Kapiten-Te, has just landed the world's first beer belly Wahoo. Sources have informed that the BillBoard No 1 Rapper used Miller Lights, a few dozens cans to chum the fish. When shot the Wahoo was reported to made a few disgusting burps and immediately belly up. With this spearfishing success the famous rapper will release his new hit single called : Wahoo - Hoo !!!!! "

Congrats Rig, I didn't know u have a kinky hair-do...:D :D I mean congrats on the fish not the Caribbean hair styling.:eek:

"What part of Jamaica are you from?"

"Right next to da beach."

-Half Baked

Nice fish Rig. Did you sell or eat?

Anderson, did the green suit inspire you?

cheers
Mark

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT