• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who will win the womens Constant Weight competition?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will win the Womens Constant Weight Competition in Cyprus?

• Annabel Briseno

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Sophie Passalacqua

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lotta Ericson

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Brigitte Banegas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aurore Asso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unknown or Outsider [Place your choice in a post below]

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
In the latest article by Pete Scott and Eric Fattah, in our lead-up coverage to the Sony FreeDiver Open Classic competition, we provide a list of the contenders for the women's competition in Cyprus.

However, not statisfied with our authors predictions we want to hear your votes for the person you think will win the Womens Constant Weight competition.

Vote above and then continue to watch our coverage to see if your prediction is correct!

one narrow view

The Vancouver duo has out done themself. Great article guys. You covered all the bases. When my favorite guru picks my favorite buddy my confidence in her is elevated to a new level.
I predict......this will be exciting. I'm counting on the 'live in' coach to make the difference. It's impossible to not be biased.
You go girl.
Bill

She's ready

Ah Bill, you are ever so kind. For those of you betting against Annabel, I hope you didn't put up to much money. Annabel is going to rock the womens ranks.

The live in guy,

Matt

www.freediving.us

Attachments

• victory1.jpg
    victory1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,056
Reactions: Alun
well, actually i did.

my fortune goes to lotta. spent 2 great weeks diving with her and some friends and was extremely impressed by her performance.

she is cruising

roland

:cool:

well I too have a live-in coach.. the deepest bear.. unfortunately he keeps running off with better freedivers so I don't think its gonna help me win!!

my money's on aurore, to be different and cos I've seen her dive more than the others. I also liked hearing that she had a profound fear of the deep. I know the feeling and its cool that someone admits it.

Sam

who's going to win the women's comp?

Allright you guys, Lotta and I are friends!

Lotta gave the most amazing performance and best rookie dive ever in a competition at the Pacific Cup here in Kona. AND she did it with her weight belt around her neck! Watch out for Lotta! If she had some warm water, she'd already be knocking at the world record in CB.

Right now, the ONLY advantage I have is Honaunau, I live 15 minutes from the best training site in the world! We have to swim out a couple of hundred meters (a little warm up) and hook up to a mooring, which means we can't practice with a lanyard, but I can train before going to work and on the weekends. AND I have two dedicated safety divers and training buddies, Bill & Matt. Bill, thanks for being the chief safety while Matt was out fishing last week!

So, Lotta, come out and spend a couple of months with me and then we'll have a go at the record!

Bottom's Up!, Annabel

Reactions: w3ac
Hannah Stacey and Lee Donnelly double whammy for the uk!
ok maybe not this year
:eek:

so its gotta be Annabel i reckon

Last edited:
I don't know who most of these women are but just want to wish Anabel luck. I met her at the Pacific Cup and was not only impressed with her diving abilities but also her friendly and genuine personality. Good luck and go get em.

Brad :martial

Cyprus

Like the monkey said when he caught his tail in the lawn mower, "It won't be long now", 'til the competition I mean.
I have a confession. When Anabel said that she wanted to beat the world record (in training) before she left for Cyprus, that seemed a little much four months ago. Well, a scheduled change in routine, a phone consultation with LeMonster (err Bret), Wed target dive and it's a done deal. Now I know what a 'doubting Thomas' feels like.
You go girl
Bill (eating humble pie)

She did do it.......

The bar in the women's ranks has been raised. Annabel's training dive today boasts a new PB and surpassed the current WR, with a mask.

See you all in Cyprus

Matt

PS. Brad, thanks for the kind words...................

I've enjoyed hearing about Annabel's progress. I hope she wins.
Go Annabel go! :cool:

hi

What happened to Tanya streeter is she competing what about the canadian girl Mandy !!!

Anyways from what ive been hearing about Annabel she will be hard to beat I wish her and all the other girls the best of luck. :)

cheers

DARK HORSE

Rumors swirling around Miami about a post-op (M->F) hitting 80+ meters constant weight.........

Wonder how AIDA / Freeology will rule on this athlete's gender classification ?

After all, AIDA allowed women on men's teams in the past....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT