• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Why don't my photos load?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If it works on different browsers using the same wifi then it is likely to be something local on the pc/mac causing the issue. Might be an issue with caching but no changes have been made on the server config for a while - however I won't rule anything out.

For everyone having the issue can you try the URL I gave to bill to directly access the image and let me know if you can see it. That gives me some extra info.

yes stephan if I click url u gave i get the image but doesn't work on the threads, btw I just plugged in my backup laptop dell with google crome still same issues as my mac

I guess I feel better since other Mac users seem to have the same problem, but I hope it can be fixed.

If only Steve Jobs were still alive.

yeah its not just mac tho, neither my mac or pc work different browsers on each don't think its an issue with the computer or browser phone on full site won't work either. somehow regional? noticed only ones complaining seem to be hawaii and california. no way its a virus. missing update on something? again its only an issue on the deeper blue site I have zero problems on any other website

latest version of flash and java?

tis an odd one all right.

what firewall are ye all using?

latest version of flash and java?

tis an odd one all right.

what firewall are ye all using?

I clicked on Software Update and it said I was up to date on everything.

When I checked my Safari security preferences, I found that Java was not enabled. But I enabled it, quit and restarted Safari, and then did a restart of the Mac, and it didn't fix it.

I'm not sure how to answer the firewall question. In my preferences, under Firewall I have "enable essential services only" selected, but that's the way its always been.

And then I think my router has some sort of firewall, but that is all I know.

Just for the hell of it, I'll try attaching a photo here.

Edit- still can't see it.

Attachments

• offeringasnack.jpg
    offeringasnack.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 221
BTW, I just tried it on my iPhone too, and couldn't seem the photos.

I am on a Mac and having no issues (Mountain Lion, fully up to date)

I'm still using OS 10.5.8 (I don't even remember what its name is) but its always worked before, and still works on other sites using the same vBulletin software.

I'm curious. In addition to not being able to see photos, I no longer get email notifications of posts to threads to which I'm subscribed. Do any of you who can't see photos still receive the email notifications? Of course you would have to have checked the box to receive the notifications in the first place.

I'm wondering if the two problems come as a package. If they do, it still won't mean anything to a dummie like me, but it might suggest something to an expert.

I just got an email notification for your latest post :) So the email notifications are working.

I have the same issue of not being able to view photos on the forum, though direct links remain fine. This happens on three different computers, any combination of browsers and different networks. That tells me it's account based, not computer based.

I just got an email notification for your latest post :) So the email notifications are working.

But you can see the photos too. I'm trying to find out if the notification problem and the photo problem are related.

So i've done some investigation and there seems to be some sort of issue with the CDN (image/javascript) cache we use and certain usergroups. I've disabled certain backend features for now until I can investigate further. Please check if images are displaying correctly you may need to refresh your page using F5 (PC) or Apple-R (Mac).

I had a quick look on the MAC last night and also had the same thing where the thumbnails in posts were not showing up.

When clicking on the the image the full size pop-up did however show.

Now I quite possibly may be barking up completely the wrong tree and have unfortunately not had a gap to test this theory so not sure if this is going to help at all.

From what I can see the only difference between the thumb and the full size image is their URL's, specifically their sub domains. The thumbnail is cdn1.deeperblue.com and the full size forums.deeperblue.com. So what I did was try to access the thumbnail directly on cdn1.deeperblue.com/attachments/support/35514d1359847502t-why-dont-my-photos-load-offeringasnack.jpg but was then promoted to log in although I was logged in via forums.deeperblue.com.

After logging in on cdn1 I was able to access the image directly as well as see them inline in the posts.

So it seems in Safari as if the session / cookie isn't shared between the subdomains. Which is weird as as long as your PHP directive session.cookie_domain is set to .deeperblue.com (which it seems like it is) then it should share the session between the subdomains.

Now why it's all of a sudden failing in Safari, I have no idea. I know that Apple has recently "silently" switched off JAVA support on MAS OS following an update by Oracle. Don't think they are related but something similar may be cooking here...

My ISP in SA is Internet Solutions btw.

ladnshark - exactly (thanks for investigating) the CDN we use is causing some issues so am working to resolve it (and have removed CDN redirects for now).

On a seperate note i've discovered the issue with certain emails not being sent - that is being resolved right now as well!

Please check if images are displaying correctly you may need to refresh your page using F5 (PC) or Apple-R (Mac).

Whoopeee! My thumbnails are now showing. Thanks.

Now if I can just get email notifications, I'll be a happy camper.

Bill - emails will start up again in the next 24 hours - if they don't let me know.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT