• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

why i freedive...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I freedive because i love the sea and i always wanted to be underwater,that is why i became scuba instructor but i do it for a living.Freedive is my passion.
I dive and train with my buddy at Attiki where i live and at Zakynthos island where i work.
The conditions are pretty good.
I dive since i was 10 years old every summer at Evia island.
Summer freedivers with guns and dives up to 15 meters many but good freedivers with passion for freedive and knowledge are hard to find.
I had a pretty bad accident and kept me away from the sea 1 year and there i realize how big part of my life freedive is.I am unhuppy away from the sea,but now i am ready for more serious practise.

why do you freedive?
Because I love to swim, but on top of the water doesn't hold much interest for me.
where do you freedive?
At a community center, since PCAE students can go there for free.
what are the conditions?
Comfortable, with a little too much chlorine on occasions... hmm
what do you see?
2 other swimmers that do laps, and usually a family
are there many freedivers in your area?
In the course of my research I found two people at my school who are highly interested in the sport... I'm thinking: future buddies!
how long have you been doing it?
I have been off and on for many years, but it was 3 months when for no reason tried folding my breath for as long as I can. I was depressed when I could only make 1 min 1/2. So I guess I am back at it.
what do you get out of it?
It makes me feel great, accomplishing one of my life's goals.
how has it affected your life?
It takes up much of my free time.
and, finally...
what goals are you most set out to accomplish?

Diving 50m, and holding my breath for 6 min., but that won't be for a while... Right now I am just trying to reach 3:30 without contractions.

Freediving gives me sense of freedom. 15 years ago I tried scuba, but never really got into it. I'm not a "serious" trainer, since I've got no special gear, just goggles and swimming fins.
I have dived in Rhodes and at the Read Sea but mostly I spend time in pools. My PBs are: 55m dive at the bottom of a 5m deep pool. I can hold breath 3:40. My aim is to improve them all: 75m distance and 4:40 static.
I occasionally see other free divers in the pool I go.

My dream is yet to dive with dolphins at the open sea.

Why I freedive........

Well.. Because I love the sea, that's it, I am not looking for a pb's, record's , or to beat my partner, i just love to be there, feel at one with the sea, my Blue Brother.

For me it is not a matter of time or depth, is a matter of live your life the way you wanted. that's it. I love to get in my inflatable, put all the gear inside, reach the spot, do some dives, spend the whole day on the beach, enjoy the sunset, go home and clean everything, the gear, the inflatable, for me freediving is a lifestile, not a quest for glory.

why do you freedive : because i love ai and enjoy it.

where do you freedive : i free dive in the pool and eilat.

what are the conditions : good

what do you see : fish

are there many freedivers in your area : about 20

how long have you been doing it : 2 years

what do you get out of it : satisfaction

how has it affected your life : i dont know

what goals are you most set out to accomplish : break a world record :thankyou

(for real i still have time im only 15 yr)

hi everyone , nice question , and happily answered
-well i started free diving a day that my partner in scuba was late for our trainning time (i started scuba first as i was trainned for doing that for specific purpose -jobs) so , i like it and i keep it going
-ofcourse in freediving for me there are not goals to set as it is something i do because i like it
-the time since my first time is only 1 year
-i freedive in cyprus and in this area there are not too many freedivers , but , you can not say there arent

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT