• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wisconsin Dive Flag Regulation:

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Flesh we saw Bob in waupaca, and he reminded us that your flag is illeagal...

So just reminding you.

Bob and I have been talking about it. He said hed let me take one from the shop, but I havent done that yet, cause I havent been at home. Whopperhead is right about the regulation. 50' from shore you dont need a flag. Boats need to stay 150' away from your flag, and you must surface within 80' of your flag. Its always best to use a flag especially on a lake where people can bring boats. A lot of the little spring ponds we have around here dont have motor boat access, which is nice, but flags are still a legal necesity.

Well you should get on that, i'm not paying part of the fine next time I go with you if we get caught, and it would be nice to bigger flag anyways...You dont work until next week some time I imagine seeing as how we are all going to Mankato tomorrow morning for like 3 days...

Small correction here.... it is boats need to stay 100' from the diver's flag and the diver needs to surface w/i 50' of the flag.

From the boating regs:

For any boat or water skier to operate or approach closer than 100
feet to any skin diver’s fl ag or any swimmer unless the boat is part​
of the skin diving operation or is accompanying the swimmer.

Except in case of emergency, anyone engaged in such swimming
or diving shall not rise to the surface outside of 50 feet from diver’s

fl ag.

Reactions: ILDiver
Good catch! Sorry about the bad info. I did read that somewhere though just recently. Must have been rules for a different area.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT