• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

women's wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kimberly

May 6, 2016
i am taking a freediving class in july ..

i have looked throughout and not found a thread on a good women's wet suit that isn't custom made. i live in hawaii and i am in the water tons, but i am not trying to spend 500bucks on wet suit right off the bat. ..

would love one that had a lining so i didn't have to spray up. .. not sure that is the best kind though ..

would appreciate any thoughts, i know just enough to stick my foot in my mouth.

thanks y'all ~~

Reactions: MAKO Spearguns

i have looked throughout and not found a thread on a good women's wet suit that isn't custom made. i live in hawaii and i am in the water tons, but i am not trying to spend 500bucks on wet suit right off the bat. ..

would love one that had a lining so i didn't have to spray up. .. not sure that is the best kind though ..

thanks y'all ~~

We offer women's freedive suits in two color patterns and three thicknesses. all Yamamoto neoprene.

http://www.makospearguns.com/Womens-Reef-Camo-Wetsuit-2-Piece-Open-Cell-p/m2yrcw.htm

http://www.makospearguns.com/Womens-Ocean-Blue-Wetsuit-2-Piece-Open-Cell-p/m2yobw.htm

M2YOBW-2T.jpg

M2YRCW-2.jpg

We also offer a freedive package to students..

http://www.makospearguns.com/Freediving-Class-Gear-Package-p/mfcgp.htm

thanks y'all ~~

As a guy I can't offer much insight into a specific wetsuit for women, but I can tell you that custom wetsuits aren't $500. I just ordered one from Elios that cost about $290 for a custom and you get them for $250 using a slightly more dense (less warm/flexible material but more durable). The shipping was expensive at about $55 but it was going from Italy to Israel. No idea how much Italy to Hawaii would cost but I would imagine the same ballpark. There are several manufacturers of custom wetsuits around and most of them have very affordable entry level suits as long as you skip the bells and whistles which aren't really needed in general and certainly not needed for a first suit.

I decided to go custom due to my frame size being a little leaner than usual. I am tall but very thin so most off the shelf wetsuits are baggy. The better a wetsuit fits you, the less water comes in, the warmer you are so fit has to be the first priority. Open cell (ie-unlined interior and needing soap/conditioner to get into) is warmer than lined and generally more flexible. The inner lining is certainly more convenient for getting in and out just know there is a warmth cost associated (mitigated somewhat by having a great fitting wetsuit).

Dano at Mako (the gentleman above) sells good suits at great prices. People who own them swear by them and my brother recommended them to me. In terms of bang for buck, you won't find much better just know they are unlined inside. Unless you are awkwardly shaped, they aren't a bad option. I went custom solely because of my small frame and not minding spend a few extra bucks for the fit and choice.

If you have other questions I can try to help. I just wanted to let you know that custom isn't unrealistic. I thought so at first, but after doing some research I found them to be far less expensive than I anticipated and well within my budget.

Reactions: rima
Thanks for the positive comments about MAKO suits! If a diver is outside of the size/weight ratings for a stock wetsuit, then it is often worth the added expense and delay associated with a custom suit. Elios had been in the game a long time and they are a very well respected suit manufacturer with an incredible array of choices.

If you do fall into the size and weight range, most people will e very happy with a stock Yamamoto neoprene suit. This material has the strength and elasticity to accommodate a few extra pounds after the holidays and some diversity in size and proportions.

It may also be appropriate to note that we used two different female models for the two camo suits. Both suits are cut the same, but the models don't have the same shape... yet the suits fit both of them very well.

dive safe!

Dano

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT