• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

wooden gun with euro handle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

willloomy

May 7, 2008
i just finished my first gun and i have to say I'm addicted. i already want to make a second. I was planing to do a short 90 cm or less woody with a euro handle i was looking for handles on scubas world and two caught my eye the beuchat mundial and the Omer T20 which one of these would you recommend?
are there any others i should think about?
i would like a female handle so keep that in mind

Just to let you know settingsteel, the link provided for the Euro/Enclosed track gun doesnt work for some reason at the end of the .html it is .html...go, if you delete the ...go bit works fine :)

Joe

Reactions: Mr. X
i was just thinking that a male would be much more ease to install...any suggestions?

I noticed spare Omer Cobra handles for sale last week. The Cobra is a wooden gun with a euro handle manufactured by Omer. It was at Scubaland.fr.

"Omer Cobra Complete Handle for Wood Speargun - Omersub"
P636C705G.jpg
Crosse Cobra complète Omer pour arbalète bois Omersub Arbalète pièces (Tip: apply for free membership to get members price).
I think forum member Fondueset used an Omer Cobra (or was it the US Master model?).

P636C705T.jpg

I was struck by how similar the Cobra handle looked to the Omer XXV's super-slim T10 handle (for sale at www.Apnea.co.uk). Anyone know if the Omer Cobra uses the same T10 handle as the XXV (or similar)?

omer_XXVgold_handle.png
https://www.apnea.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1_17_37&products_id=1045

It looks like www.Scubaland.fr sell quite a lot of spare handles/mechs. including Beuchat (inc. Marlin & Mundial), Cressi (inc. Commanche & Geronimo), Imersion/Escalpez and Sporasub.

T20 mimetecs too:
P638C668G.jpg
P636C668G.jpg

Crosse complète Mimétique pour T20 Omer Omersub Arbalète pièces
http://www.scubaland.fr/crosse-grise-complete-pour-t20-omer-omersub.html

www.Apnea.co.uk have the T20 too and several other handles: https://www.apnea.co.uk/index.php?cPath=1_17_37
-- including the new "state of the art" constant trigger tension Omer Cayman handle:hmm - I like the look of these:).
omer_cayman_handle.png

The Beuchat Marlin mentioned above by SettingSteel also appeals:

P620C022G.jpg

http://www.scubaland.fr/crosse-marlin-beuchat-beuchat.html

I think DeeperBlue Team Leader Foxfish has done some work with a couple of the well respected Rabitech handles (Apex & Stealth), using wooden barrels. He could probably provide some insights. There are some images on a thread somewhere. You might be able to get Rabitech parts from Sumora on the US West Coast or, a similar product from the new US company, Mako, which apparently imports similar parts from Taiwan.

There is some talk of a new Rob Allen handle/mech too, post-Vecta? (Anyone got more info. on this???)

Last edited:
Just to let you know settingsteel, the link provided for the Euro/Enclosed track gun doesnt work for some reason at the end of the .html it is .html...go, if you delete the ...go bit works fine :)

Joe
I just fixed it. Well spotted Spear0Joe ;)

i think i read somewhere that the cobra was based off the t10 but the XXV handle looks super nice

any ideas about male handles? where i could buy i need a summer project for days the surfs up

wil, i'll answer you pm here as I'm sure a few others will benefit from the 411
here is the link to the handlesHandles - ScubasWorld, talk to Ulysses tell'em Tone sent you...the handle (geronimo) was not an easy installation, I have a tendency to overdo things so I actually designed an internal anchor within the female part (sounds kinky huhrofl) for assurance, I really like the ergo of the handle, but I'd probably not use it again (unless someone requested it for their particular gun build) since it was not an easy build, I didn't use a drill bit, but I did bore it out on a lathe...personally I'd suggest you go with the Beauchat Marlin, from the same site. I'll be posting some pix on my thread about the geronimo gun soon, GL on the build! any more Q's let me know.

i was thinking about doing something like that on the sides of the handle but how do you get the wood to fit in the handle so nicely and accurately i had to do something like that to get the butt on my gun and it was not nice at all but luckily for me the butt was rubber so it didn't have to be super precise.
while i'm asking you some questions what are some good handles to use for a build like this? easy to install would be very the main thing for me right now.
If was thinking that a male handle would be easier to install if i could just drill a hole out.

You can fit the handle & then add the sides pieces, I use an electric mini grinder fitted with a sanding disc for a lot of my shaping work.
The rabitech handles are very good quality I think there is a shop in the states that sells a very similar handle - I will try to find out later today.

just finnished a gun using an akra handle the female beauchet handle alows for a slimmer barrel a friend has gone to the states on holiday and is hopefully returning with a marlin handle as i think these are best for this type of gun if he dosent come through does any one sell them in nz

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT