• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wooden Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dqsis

Mar 9, 2004
Hello spearfishers!

Just a week ago I started constructing my 1st wooden speargun. It's an otimistic attempt but at the end I hope to get reward it.

Until now I have only designed the main part (using Solid Works). The biggest problem until now is the trigger.

1. Can you supply me some info? Do you know something about this (articles, personal wxperience)?

2. Do you know any good web-sites where I could get price info or even buy spear-gun parts?

Hi mate, welcome on board :)

We've got a similar tread a month ago started by Maltaspero. He also built a custom wooden gun and also made a custom ss trigger mech. I think we would suggest you some tips.

Other than that you can buy a tested and proved trigger mech from some companies like... www.totemsub.it

Keep us informed about the gun, its specs and also the target fish that you're going to use the gun.

take care

Full grip

Thanks for the answer. It is good to find a forum about spearfishing.

I am planning to buy a full grip. I will check the website and the past threads. The "question" still to be solved is how to combine the grip with the wooden main part of the gun.

I will soon post some pictures of my "creation"! At least the 3D drawings!

Keep in touch! Let's hope that in summer I will be proud enough to dive with my own gun.

ps. I don't hunt fishes more than 2 Kg since in Greece (where I come from) and in the depths that I dive (still "amateur") it is hard to find them!

full grip

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT