• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

World Series Freediving competition series announced

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Interesting how I made a short factual comment and the retort is a fictional one :p

trux, I have pointed out clearly where people such as Mike make up their own stories and it get's printed out in Australian Media without any checking of facts. Mike has threatened me with legal action. Along with Mike claiming he set a Guinness world record I could release that I have set several world records along the same lines. Would anyone be upset ?
At the same time on his website it was claimed that Mike was a "Veteran of Competition". After competing in only one competition, On his website he claimed to have competed in several.......

Reactions: kelp princess
Wow, many pages and alot of great stuff, and alot of Walter lol

I am Thrilled with the level of discussion both positive and negative, Debate is a wonderful thing for developing relationships, both good and bad :)

i am posting to defend some false claims.

Is always amusing to see the people who know least about you have the most to say about you.

this post is in good spirit and is intended to inform and help.

Walter, aside from needing some lessons in etiquette,your facts are invented and exaggerated, and you are flat out lying about other details...

Aside from your steadfast resentment for me,I can assume it is basic human psych that to be this obsessed and enraged with a person, you either

a: want to be them?
b: want to F@#$ them?
c: are jealous of something?

Although i am flattered i am not interested in any!

Bob croft did post on my FB wall, this post remains there for all to view if they wish, it has been there the whole time (you can clearly see that / go fo it) thats lie number 1.

The guiness WR as was standing until the video was monitored 3 months later i received the news that because of assistance from my son within the cave the record was not sanctioned (fin was stuck) - so the record did stand /pending albeit for a few months - If you feel strongly write to all the media and let them know it was...i personally have not mentioned the word guiness in any media from there onwards....number 2.

You can watch here / scene where my son frees my fin in the cave - this cave is 127 mtrs long and was measured at 143 mtrs when the official rope travelled through and down the Chimney section which drops 16 mrs in depth to 26 mtrs :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIu59K8VS1s]60 Minutes Freediving Breathtaking - YouTube[/ame]

The Static Record of 7.27 min a few years back is standing as a previous AUS NR and was completed without packing, ..number 3.

The FIM Record of 83 mtrs has succeeded your own record, this too is standing and current, and was completed without packing whilst wearing a mask :)...You can watch the video here :)...number 3.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5qUBvMhGgQ]Mike Wells Freediving Triple Depth - 83 Mtrs FIM - Record - 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

fact! Australia's best Freedivers have entered the Odex-treme Competition, by definition WSF states on the page that the best Freedivers in the world are the ones with the biggest smiles on their face!....Why would you want to take that away....number 4.

WSF has 8 Full time Employees and is a seperate company from SSI, thats a FACT...Number 5.

I genuinely can recommend to you Walter or actually any of you who seem very concerned with the packing / performance issues to go to Freedive Dahab and learn the skills from Linda Paganelli on a mouthfill course...Frankly! if you are reverse packing all the way down, its no wonder you need to pack!!!

never say never, there is always learning...i learn something new every day!

Walter, on your issues with lack of media, i recommend you can hire a publicist, as was mentioned on this thread, tell your story to the world, i wish you the best.

Mike

Warning. Guys the discussion on this thread is healthy for freediving in general. Humour is necessary, I am not getting into who is right or wrong but would ask that members keep it civil and not go on personal attacks. DB is a great community and we want to keep it that way. Is it posssible to discuss this topic with out getting personal on each other? Thanks.

fcallgay, is it fair to speak of "desinformation" or should we stick to "missinformation" here?

i think as long as mike does not convincingly distance himself and the upcoming competition series from ssi, we should be just as mild, as ssi is humble.

where else than here should this being put into the right light and frame?

even though i also see single posts i consider too personal!

Hi Esom, its the personal stuff I have an issue with and not with any particular post just the general trend of the thread. I really hope the thread continues and all posters continue to contribute.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT