• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Worlds 2005 in Switzerland Special Feature

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
H

haaico

Hi guys and girls,

I was hoping to see a special feature on the Worlds in Switzerland this year. It starts today and I wouldn't mind some regular feedback on how things are going there.
Is Deeperblue present with a team, are we getting some coverage of the event? I am just a bit curious why we haven't heard anything about that yet.

Regards,
Haico

starts today i think (Wed), with dynamic, then static on thur, then another form of dynamic on friday... then i think most of them head off to Nice for constant weight.

i predict WRs by Tom Sietas and Natalia Molchanova... potentially in all categories (in Switzerland).

Hi friends, daily and live coverage of this event in Spanish in www.sportalsub.net supporting the Venezuelan Freedivin Team

Hola amigos, pueden seguir la cobertura diaria en directo desde Suiza en Español a través de www.sportalsub.net, apoyando al equipo Venezolano de Apnea

Haico,

Unfortunately DeeperBlue.net will not be attending either the Pool World Championships nor the Constant Weight World Championships this year.

Contrary to popular belief we do not generate much income from the site and providing coverage for major competitions in the last 3 years has drained our resources tremendously. We have had little success in getting support from AIDA organisers in either previous years or this year to help us attend events so budgets mean we cannot send anyone this time.

It is with great sadness that we are having to do this but we will hopefully be able to help cover the 2006 World Championships in Egypt.

In the meantime both SportalSub and Peformance FreeDiving International will be providing athlete diaries following their respective competitors.

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the explanation. I'm sorry too for the fact that you weren't there. Especially remembering Cyprus 2003 (that seems like a looong time ago!).
With a bit of luck freediving will start to generate some more interest and money so it can become a truly mature sport.
Hopefully I will see you guys again in Egypt, 2006.

All the best,
Haico

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT