• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

World's most daring freedive

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

A_FF

Sep 3, 2008
Hi

I work for a documentary production based in London, UK.

We’re currently developing a primetime documentary series following extreme athletes achieving human 'firsts' and / or breaking existing records for high-adrenaline sporting feats.

I’m looking for individuals who are pushing the boundaries of human possibility and wondered if anyone on this forum knew of any awe-inspiring, record breaking freedive projects coming up or could recommend any freedivers at the top of their game?

Your input would be really appreciated!

You can email me directly at: alice@firecrackerfilms.com or give me a call on: 0207 349 3405

THANKS

Is Herbert Nitsch still aiming for 1000ft, does anyone know...?

Well, probably the best place to start is the list of freediving world record holders. You can find it here: Apnea mania
Also the past record holders are likely in your target group of people shifting the boundaries, so check also the history of records (they change quite often): Apnea mania

The there are also many others, who shift the boundaries in different way - one of the most important ones who revolutionized modern freediving is probably Sebastian Murat. Then also divers who moved the boundaries out of the official guidance of AIDA - such as Patrick Musimu, or Stephane Mifsud. Or people who manage keeping among the world's or national bests despite their respectable age (i.e. Annabel Briseno, Bill Graham, but also for example the WR holder Natalia Molchanova is not really a youngster). Well, there are many other names coming to the mind, but perhaps it is enough for the starting. BTW, most of the freedivers named above are also members of this forum, but do not really expect they respond to this thread. You may need to contact them actively.

Reactions: Erik
Trux
Did herbert complete 250mtr? I meet him last year and he was planning to do the 250mtr first then 305mtr next year 2009.

Sorry for highjacking the thread, please continue...

I supose that not, otherwise we would know about it and it would be listed among the records.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT