• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wrecks Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tonyiannu

Sealover
Oct 22, 2006
Hi guys,
I start this new thread to see if there is anyone interested to spearfishing around one of the many wrecks in the south coast of england? I'd like to organise with who is interested a day out with one or ten of you,I dont mind how many we are but for sure more we will be and more will be the fun.Wrecks are known also as well populated spots for lots kind and good size fishes.Lets have a go and reply to this thread to let me know if is a bad idea or simply to say where to go and what to do.I will have 2 weeks holiday start from the 15 of july and I will be always available for those days anywhere.

hey i live in brighton and would definatly be interested, i live in brighton and have only speared one wreck and that is the one off brighton peir. where abouts do you live.
a boat would be better to reach other wrecks, but i don't have one,
let me know,
josh.

Hi Josh,
I live in Bristol and often I go spearfishing in Portland or Babbacombe which are like 2 and half hours driving,dont know how far could be Brighton for me but I think it is.Anyway I will find out.Are you driving?If yes we can find a solution doing half way each.How far is the wreck from the shore in brighton? and how is the depth?

hey tonnyiannu,
i dont drive at the moment, which is annoying but i can always find other means of getting down there. the wreck here in brighton is smallish and the depth at low tide is about 3 meteres and at high tide possibly 8, more fish at high tide. i think brighton is about 3 hours from portland.
josh

Hi Josh,
I just find out the route To the via michelin site,from Bristol is about 3 hours driving but I think is also 4 becose from here to London I need about 2 and half hours.Anyway if you can travel down here(portland)will be great and the sea is just fantastic I can come to pick you up somewhere (station etc..) I hope a bloke in DB can give us more info about that(places to go).What do you think about?

yeah thats sounds good how long where you planning on going for, as i break from university on the 31st of july, dont know if this is going to be a problem though,

Ask the guys at Portland Oceaneering with reference to wrecks in the Weymouth area, this is a spearo-friendly dive shop and they know the local ground very well. The problem is that most accessible wrecks are a haven for scuba-divers too so be prepared!!! Ask for Ben at Portland Oceaneering.

HI MATE whats the rules for fishing in ibiza do you now DAVE O

I'm pretty sure that Ibiza is fairly 'safe' as compared to Formentera which has a lot of reserve areas. I will check for you mate and report back.

yeah thats sounds good how long where you planning on going for, as i break from university on the 31st of july, dont know if this is going to be a problem though,
HI Josh,
my hols are from the 15 of to the 31,anyway we can plan it in different days specially sundays cose I'm always(almost) off.Anyway let me know if you come around,I will do the same if I come around there.Cheers mate.

Hi Spaniard,
I know Portland Oceaneering I been there few times and the guys are always nice and helpful,do you know that I didnt think before about the wrecks as a haven for SCUBAS???And you are right they are!And for sure they scared all the fish around with their bubbly staff.rofl .

hey tonyiannu,
yeah i will let you know when i get the chance to go down that way, most likely weekends. whats the weather and vis like down there at the moment do you know,
josh

hey spaniard you said that you have been spearishing i newhaven i live really close to there, do you know any good spots around there/is it any good for spearfishing.
josh

I've dived the outside of the harbour arm, big blocks/boulders, bass in the 'holes'. Take your car to the car park nearest the beach area and then simply get in at the start of the arm.

oh i nkow where you mean how far along the arm did you make it, i always thought it looked good there. will give it a try when the weather gets better, will let you know how i get on.
josh

hey tonyiannu,
yeah i will let you know when i get the chance to go down that way, most likely weekends. whats the weather and vis like down there at the moment do you know,
josh
Hi Josh,
the viz here is quite good last sunday I had between 3 to 4 or 5 meters and I saw a lots of fishes,I'll be in any sunday,just let me know.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…