• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

yellow gill mulet, again

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rifmaniac

Jul 12, 2004
an amazing catch,
111_1147.jpg

well, I hope I'll start catching tuna soon caus mullet hunting is amuzing but not very impressive

Reactions: Memo
LOL!
Up here in the Canadian lakes we hunt, among other things, Perch. They are about a maximum size of 1lb and you need about 5 to make a meal. They are extremely fast and almost invisible in the weeds, so it takes a fair bit of skill to hit them. Luckily we can take 15/day if wanted.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Great Pic ! :D

That reef system behind you looks awesome !! Reminds me of my 'cracker-hunting' area.

Jeff

*LOL*This must be the most serious overkill I have seen so far!

Cheers,
Mikko

Jeeezzzz, ur reminding me of some of my sorties... my area is so overfished. Now even if i saw a small mullet I leave it so it can grow... its saad. :(

you should have some skill to get this mullet with this gun:D

Everybody has freedom to use weapon of choice no matter what...

Last time while me and my dive buddy was in water, he demonstrate the accuracy of his gun in unbelivable way... He shoot the 30cm long pike and 1 cm wide with his 90cm wooden gun and 6.25mm shaft,2-3 meter from the tip of the gun.wooww i totally shocked..

Murat's right, HOW did you fit that wee bugger around your spear? You must be cheating

:D

well, thats not one of the smallest ive caught with the Riffe, but I don't think I am that accurate (or maybe I am, maybe because mullet, specially smaller ones, are one of my favorite fish)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT