• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

YES i did it(HELP)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Groupermadness

hole,torch,gun,fish.
Jul 24, 2005
Yes i did it, i managed to drive over my mares 35 Explorer mini band gun :vangry :vangry :vangry , luckely, only the alloy tube is now flat. does anyone know if i can order a new one(the tube only) and if so Where? i'm in Cyprus so anywhere on the island would be nice, otherwise mail order. tried my local shop(Kyrenia) and they said throw it away,(Typical shop reaction) but i like it and i modified it (double band and longer spear) so i want to keep it.
any help or links would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks.

Hiya

I'm not familair with that particular brand of gun, but simply take you barrel to your local metal shop and buy the same diameter and length of alluminuim tube. Easy as that!!:D:D

Or if you really want to be fancy, measure the internal diameter and length and replace the stock alluminuim barrel with a carbon barrel!!!:D:D

Regards
miles

Thanks Miles.
i had actualy thought of that but the aloy oxidizing in salt water made me think it woulnt be feasable, would it? if so i will do just that and go to the metal shop.
thanks.

Groupermadness said:
Thanks Miles.
i had actualy thought of that but the aloy oxidizing in salt water made me think it woulnt be feasable, would it? if so i will do just that and go to the metal shop.
thanks.

RA sell barrels, others probably do too. I think there is a standard size that spearo companies tend to use (28mm?).

Bare Aluminium will corrode after exposure to salt water, although washing the salt off and drying your equipment should help reduce it. It could probably be coated with something (polyurethane varnish seems to be very robust or car paint, like a mountain bike or speargun?), anodizing works well too (I use anodized climbing karabiners, designed for sea cliff climbing, on my float). I think anodizing usually just increases the thickness of the normal protective aluminium oxide layer that forms -- perhaps a mad-scientist friend or chrome-plating shop could help you out.

6061 aluminum, marine grade, it may be hard to find but if you can find it, its just what the doctor ordered

Hiya

I'd assume that on such a small gun, the barrel would not be the same diameter as that of a normal gun. One of my dive buddies had a small 40cm gun, which didn't really work, and i recall that the barrel had a very small diameter.

Regards
miles

Thanks all for the feedback.
The barrel is 2.5 cm exactly and only 35 cm long as i said i double banded it for better perf, it blasts like a magnum long shell LOL. just a real bitch to load, so short and strong bands,i am going to Nicosia today to find a smithy and maybe have some luck, if not i will cross the border to South Cyprus and get a smithy there to make me one and paint it.

Again Thanks Everyone.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT