• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yet another New Zealander

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Unclejake

Oct 5, 2010
Gid-day! There are still a few more people left in NZ that haven't joined this forum yet, but we just tell them what is going on by phone.

I have been reading these pages for about a year and it is time to make the relationship a little more two sided. Thanks for all the advice and information you didn't even know you were giving me. I am still alive, so either the advice works or I haven't actually tried yet. You can decide which is the most likely later.

I am anticipating Reeftroll will say something mean. Soon.

Regards,
UJ

Reactions: Mr. X and ReefTroll
Welcome to posting on db! About time, & get on the phone to you non member mates & tell them to join up too! :)

Good of you to join us, Jase. I hope you don't intend to behave yourself. It would be so very out of character...

See you tonight for drinkies!

Welcome from Texas! You seem like family already! Speaking of distant relations...Reeftroll??? Is that some exotic, nearly extinct creature due to cranial evacuitus?

And another New Zealander here...

Been slowly making my way through all the articles for a while, thought I might give the forums a whirl too.

Hi Thriller, nice to have you on board too.
Where about in NZ do you hunt?

Im from auckland, but mainly dive the coromandel/mercury bay and northland.

I only started spearing in march this year, so I'm frothing for this summer to roll round!

Did you know - if you could drill a hole thought the Earth you would end up on my door step!!
We dont get the big pelagic you get but we do have all the same small fish crustaceans & anemones.
Unfortunately we are just coming up to Winter over here!

Reactions: Salehthefish
Oh my, I'm hurt!!

Why would I say something mean??

Sure, sometimes I have to put chef Al back in his place, mind you, he does type so very well with his hams, and you, Kiwi, should know that the forum's Kiwi Quota is actually full... So sorry, you have to leave... :p

I guess I should add though, that I was fortunate enough to stay in Wellington for 3 weeks about 4/5 years ago.. What a lovely place it is!! I could handle moving there one day.

And another New Zealander here...

Been slowly making my way through all the articles for a while, thought I might give the forums a whirl too.

Welcome Thriller and Welcome UncleJake - don't mind 'old reefTroll he's just a big fish in a little pond that's getttng smaller :t

we can never have too many Kiwi's - and that's the truth :girlie

cheers,

kp

And mind y'all that should the Brinks truck be driving down the highway with the back doors open and dumping money...I'd give it back. But come to see you with the reward!

Add one more to the list. I may or may not have encountered one or two of the others NZ reprobates on here but I won't be ruining my reputation by admitting to it.

Welcome to db, yeah I know what you mean, we all try to avoid them too - happy Christmas anyway LOL

It's no use hiding - we know where you live. Well, where you store the maggot, but close enough...

New Zealanders are such an amazing breed of aquatic creatures: top sailors, top freedivers, not to mention those giant green lip mussels! :p

I don't know any of these guys but I am in Wellington, and dive around Breaker Bay, Lyall Bay, Red Rocks, and Makara. Have only been snorkelling for a year (Paua, octopus, crayfish, and crabs were prime targets) and spearing for 4 months, and its great. Warmer weather has brought more sharks around which is a bit more exciting. Just trying to figure the best way to keep fish away from them, or them away from us. Anyway the forum info is really good, thanks very much

You don't need to worry in Wellington. Dived here for years and only ever had one fish taken, at Makara. There is the very occasional blue or bronzey up at Kapiti, but nothing like the problems we have up north. That man-eating, beach closing mini-hammer somebody saw yesterday is hardly going to terrorize anybody.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT