• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yoga exercises

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Zoros

Jan 11, 2003
Hello,

I have just got a hold of an yoga-instructor and I would like to ask you pro's what exercises should I ask him to teach me to become a better freediver. He will do private sessions with me so I dont have to worry about not getting any attension :cool:...

I do already today pranayama exercises but I would like to extend these exercises and also strech out my diagphram (not sure if spelled so.. :duh)

Every suggestion is welcome, Greetings

/ Zoros

Yoga on its entire concept, involves breathing and diaphragm training on all the exercises you can do. First of all, pranayama must only be teached by yoga trainers after a good work of the asanas, the yoga flexibility, body and mind control exercises. So, please if you´re seriously involved on achieve true goals on freediving, learn asanas, pranayama and meditation techniques like a whole thing. That´s true yoga...

Your teacher, a good teacher I hope, knows what could be better for you in order to learn those subjects:

Flexibility (the more your muscles and body are flexibles the less O2 they spend and your body moves more dinamically)

Breathing control (that´s obvious right? belly breathing, middle and upper, prana control through your body, controlled apneas, and so on..., bhandas to retain prana on your body, diaphragm stretches)

Mind control (mind-body control, meditation and relaxation exercises, right mind focussing..)

Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation... a typical 1 1/2 hour class works on this subjects

Progressively you could be learn more difficult exercises, but the most important thing is that you learn correctly basic exercises and to breath correctly doing them.

Reactions: Jon
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT