• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Yoga streches

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Zoros

Jan 11, 2003
Hello guys..

I have noticed that somethings I have difficulties to make deep inhales and stilll feel that I didnt get enough.. So I was wondering if any one of you may have good url's or better, could send something to me, about yoga streches.. I know that for example Pipin exercises this..

Anyone ?

BTW, another question, I have just ordered a Polar M91ti / a heartrate Monitor and I was wondering if any of you has used it? I hope this will help me with my training (both dynamics/statics) too see where I can lower my heartrate..

http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/eng/segments/products/M91ti/allfeatures.html

/Zoros

Polar m91ti

Hello zoro,
Where did you hear about polarM91ti, and could you please tell us howmuch does it cost to you?
And I know from the posts of our guru's that they're using pulse oximeter too in their workouts, I want to know from them Ýn which PaO2 level they're getting or calling? samba and the BO's level .I'm waiting for Eric's command,Thanks

polar HR monitor

Hi there,

I am using the Polar S610i for running etc. but also for my static training.
It is very interesting to analyse your HR on your pc, cause you can upload the data of each training with an interface.

Fred S.

I'm using a cheap polar monitor for static training but have found that it does my head in if I wear it as I keep wanting to look at it! Top hint - get your safety buddy to wear it... he should be near enough to pick up the signal from your chest strap and it gives him something else to look at and think about other than you face down bored... (mine's so cheap I can't download and look at it after so I need someone to tell me what happened)
on the other hand since Ive been thinking more about more heartrate I can pretty much tell what's going on without the monitor..
sam

yoga

there are loads of good yoga stretches that will help you but the best way to learn is to join a class. I've been doing them for years from books and videos and friends but started a proper class recently and its made a load of difference.

Anything that stretches your upper body is gonna help and as just about every yoga position should be done with deep breaths then your general breathing should improve too.

A mate of mine teaches abdominal breathing to people by making them lie on the back and putting a bag of sugar on their tummy - make the bag move up and down with just your breath for ten minutes and they reckon you will abdo breath for the rest of your life!

Sam

Distraction

I also have a cheap Polar, and use it mainly for other exercises (running and cycling), I didn't find a good use in dynamic or static. The heart rate goes lower, but that distract me from performance

does anyone know of the "mula bhanda"(?), where the diaphram is sucked up and in on a full exhale(or with reverse packs)? what is it's effectiveness? it feels to me similar to empty lung dives, down to the coughing i sometimes get. does it increase diaphramatic flexibility as would neg dives? cheers
bevan

Re: Polar m91ti

Originally posted by amevsim
Hello zoro,
Where did you hear about polarM91ti, and could you please tell us howmuch does it cost to you?
And I know from the posts of our guru's that they're using pulse oximeter too in their workouts, I want to know from them Ýn which PaO2 level they're getting or calling? samba and the BO's level .I'm waiting for Eric's command,Thanks

Hi! I heard about M91ti from my local sportshop when I asked about what equipments there are that I could use and he recommended Polar.. Usually I order through web everything but this time I ordered it through the store and it cost me about 280€

BTW, my ownindex is 57... must train harder...

/ Zoros

Originally posted by bevan dewar
does anyone know of the "mula bhanda"(?), where the diaphram is sucked up and in on a full exhale(or with reverse packs)? what is it's effectiveness? it feels to me similar to empty lung dives, down to the coughing i sometimes get. does it increase diaphramatic flexibility as would neg dives? cheers
bevan

The exercise you are talking about is called "Uddhijana Bhanda" and is one of the three Primary Contractions (Jalandhara Bhanda and Mula Bhanda are the other ones). This contraction, that must be performed with empty stomach, raise the diaphragm to its maximum and promote the peristalsis, relax the abdominal zone and invigorate the stomach, the liver, the vesicle and the intestine. This exercise must not be done more than 5 times in its correct way of course...

The benefit of this exercise cannot be dissociated from other exercises of the Pranayama, only with a whole pranayama workout we can obtain real breathing help for the freediver.

Another question, "Mula Bhanda" as Bevan Dewar said, is an anal contraction, hehe :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT