• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Zakynthos Greece 24.8 - 7.9.2002

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

teppo

Apr 19, 2001
I am going to stay in Zakynthos during 24.8 - 7.9.2002.
Because I have big family, wife and 3 kids, I had to arrange this so early. Now I am hoping to find a freediving buddy. I know there is good dive spots and many dive operators in Zakynthos, but I suggest they don't understand freediving (I might do one or two scuba dives as well), but mainly freediving.
I shall take all my freediving gear with me (including monofin).

Attachments

• zakinthos.jpg
    zakinthos.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 434
thanks

Thank you Spot.
I have heard the southernmost part of the island has several good places to dive.

Still waiting somebody to contact!

/teppo

Dear teppo!

I would have only time the second week of Your holiday (from August 31 to September 7)
I enjoy freediving for 30 years now and have also participated in freediving competitions.

I am also a family man with three children but we will spend our holidays in the austrian alps where I will also do a lot of freediving in the lakes - with my wife securing me at the surface. However I also want to freedive at least one week in a clear and blue ocean, but none of the freedivers in austria seem to have time this summer. Because safety is very important for me in freediving, I prefer NOT to freedive instead of freediving by myself!

I Look forward to Your answer

Greetings

Gerald

Last edited:
Zakynthos Greece

I was just curious. Did you say there are many dive operators in the island, but they are inexperienced with freediving? I've heard from several Greek friends, both locals and expatriates, that freediving is the only type of diving allowed in Greece and tanks are outlawed, presumably because their wealth of undersea antiquities would be threatened by scuba divers. What gives?

:confused:

jim

scuba allowed

Just try to search "scuba greece" for example with google search engine.

I have scuba dived couple of times in Corfu island. In Corfu there was about 5 scubadive operators.

About restrictions:
There might be areas where diving is not allowed (due to underwater ruins or whatever).
Also you cannot dig underwater and take the found things with you.
Greek people say this is silly, because the digging on land is not restricted, even it is easy to find pieces of old ceramics by little digging.

Gerald

This post is an informative mail, to those who think I did not answer to Gerald.

Conversely Geralds email started a big private email conversation, about my Hotel, my family as well as his family and what kind of training we are interested about.

Unfortunately it seems that Gerald is not able to find appropriate flight to Zakynthos. Time is also running out, because Gerald noticed this deeperblue thread so late.

/teppo

Greece

Teppo,

Thanks for the info on scuba in Greece.

Has anyone had experience renting a kayak for freediving in Greece?

Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT