• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Zanzibar - what do you want?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Choices available for a diving holiday

• Diving - Newton 38 style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
I am going over to Zanzibar on a fact-finding mission :D towards end of July.

As divers/freedivers, what do you look for, or what would you look for, if someone were to invite you on a diving holiday in Zanzibar?

Make as many choices as you like - your opinions are all wanted :D

Last edited:
You lucky lucky girl!! I went there a four years ago, Martin and I did a liveaboard from Zanzibar to Pemba and back again - fantastic, and the diving was pretty good to rofl

Enjoy!!!

Reactions: island_sands
Hi Sara

I think it's quite important for me to go along with you as a guide. I've never been, but am a quick learner, and will be happy for you guys to fly me over 2 weeks ahead of you to brush up on the place and get everything in place :D

Jeff

bluecape said:
Hi Sara

I think it's quite important for me to go along with you as a guide. I've never been, but am a quick learner, and will be happy for you guys to fly me over 2 weeks ahead of you to brush up on the place and get everything in place :D

Jeff

hehehehe no fear - if all goes as planned/dreamed i might be offering jobs to help us start off - free diving but no pay rofl

;)

hi Sands,
I think needs would be dictated by whether I am off on a family holiday and to do a few dives in between or if its purely a diving holiday on my own in which case very few other than basic needs met as long as the diving is good. If I had the family the needs would grow considerably to bungalow with a/c etc don,t know Zanzibar so not sure if this is even an issue. Dive centre being set up or ?

fcallagy said:
hi Sands,
I think needs would be dictated by whether I am off on a family holiday and to do a few dives in between or if its purely a diving holiday on my own in which case very few other than basic needs met as long as the diving is good. If I had the family the needs would grow considerably to bungalow with a/c etc don,t know Zanzibar so not sure if this is even an issue. Dive centre being set up or ?

I am following a dream - might be a nightmare on the way - but i will get there.... will let you all know if I manage to make that break. :)

Sounds like a start of something NEW! Best of luck to you in this new enterprise Sara and best wishes as always.

island_sands said:
I am going over to Zanzibar on a fact-finding mission :D towards end of July.

As divers/freedivers, what do you look for, or what would you look for, if someone were to invite you on a diving holiday in Zanzibar?

Make as many choices as you like - your opinions are all wanted :D

Reactions: island_sands
Sounds exciting! Do you need someone to test the choices?

"Hmm, the fruit basket really IS indispensable <sigh> Okay, let's do the dive trip one more time..."

Its going to take a while, wont happen over night and we have lots of work ahead.. let's see if we can get it off the ground :D

The energy and drive is there, just need to find the right location :D

Hiya

Need any-one to assist you in checking the spearfishing potential of the chosen area??:D:D:D

Regards
miles

:D i think spearfishing is not allowed in Tanzania? but come and check out the potentials by all means.. the more the merrier!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT