• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Zeagle Ranger BCD

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What is your opinion on the Zeagle ranger BCD

• fantastic!!!

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • good!

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • neutral

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • bad!

• never again!!!

• Total voters
I have a Zeagle Ranger ltd. It's a sweet BC. With aluminum tanks it's harder at the surface because you'll tend to come forward with weights in the front pockets, but underwater the weight distribution is pretty good. It's a consideration, though, when considering a back inflate BC. Good luck. And make sure you get the right size!

Tyler

FWIW - While visiting the Maldives (and Island Sands) in early December, I finally had a chance to put my new DUI Delta ADV Jacket to the test and I can sum it up in one word - SWEET!

Once I gave up on using the weight belt and actually used the Integrated pockets (yeah, yeah, I know "Why use a belt in the first place with an Integrated BCD _ Answer: because I wasn't sure how much weight I was going to need and it was easier to add weight to the BCD if I already had a fixed amount in the jacket plus it is a REAL pain to get the weights into the pockets once the jacket is on.....) it was great.

Since the majority of the lift is on the back (like a wing), you stay relatively flat in the water BUT, since there is a little bit of lift in the front, you tend to roll face up on the surface (good for not drowning in a bad situation)

Anyway, that is my 2 pennies worth and it has NOTHING to do with a Zeagle Ranger..... rofl

zeagle bcd are very good bcd for those who really like them (i dont ) so i have to agree with john a and northcoastdiver that you have to try it before you buy it ( i tryied it once and i found it inconvinience while on surface but good in dive)

I've been diving my zeagle ranger for over 10 yrs, for single tank recreational diving... it ROCKs my world, for technical diving I've used Scubapro wings and a back plate and I've used a Zeagle tec with a back plate. Both woked great for me.......
Any gear is going to be personal preferance..... Try both and see what works best for you....
I've never had my weights fall out thru or because of the rip cord dump system.....

I have a ranger ltd and have no gripes about it. What made me a zeagle believer was the fact we had a 20 yr old zeagle that we picked up at a garage sale well the bladder pulled away from the area where the fitting connects to it so I sent it to zeagle well 3 days later they called me to let me know that they no longer have that style bladder but would redo the entire unit with new bladder and inflation parts for cost. $130.00 later the bcd was like new the only thing old was the straps and cumberbun. I also have since then became friends with one of the reps of the company who took his own time helping me out on alot of questions regarding my ranger and I have seen him offer some of the members on spearboard to borrow his extra bcd's to try them out. Zeagle is one of the best companies out there in regards to customer service I have ever seen. I say you cannot go wrong with that kind of service. I have absolutely no complaints and I was in between buying a dive rite or the ranger. for me I do not need double tanks I regulary dive a single 120 with a pony works out perfect for me

Attachments

• Andy 1st upload.jpg
    Andy 1st upload.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 205
...I have about 70 dives now with doubles with my Ranger. I have a set of long straps as well from zeagle and just switch to the long ones when I plan to dive w/twins. I have never had any problems.

@Jon "I used At-pacs for a number of years and then switched to Zeagles. After I had some issues with the rip-cord system failing I switched to a transpac. I finally went to a back plate and have never looked for anything else since it did everything I wanted it to and was a lt more "bullet proof" as well."

Sorry, but I am wondering what do you mean by having some issues with the rip cord system failing? In my 25 years of diving I never had a single occasion where I had to drop my weight in an emergency. Did you have already multiple cases of emergency requiring such a drastic action???? Or did it happen to be during your personal testing of the rip cord system - wich is ought to be fool proof and tested to the last bit 'cause it was the first system of that kind ever, before anyone would by it - or was it just to enerving for you fiddling around with it for rearming? I don't mean to offend you, but as a computer service man, I often find the reason for unintended behaviour of a machine sitting in front of the keyboard. Without more detailed information i can not evaluated you statement of having failings of the rip cord system.
Such an behaviour would really wipe the Zeagle-System off the market.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT