• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AERIS F.10 PC Interface Feedback

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Macdive looks pretty slick. Right now its not seeing a serial port though - working on it as we speak. I've also emailed them about the F.10. They say they will work with you if you'll beta test.

F10 and GEO comparison of dive time

Dove yesterday with my warranty replacement F10 and the profile graph issue that I reported earlier did not occur.

I dove with the F10 and GEO on my wrist. I found that, while diving, the log display of Depth and time for the same dive was very close. GEO was maybe a few seconds short but the dive time and depth were close enough. However upon download of the memory, the GEO dive times are not at all consistent with the F10. For example, the graphs posted are from the same dive and the Geo dive time, as displayed by Oceanlog, was 64 seconds and the F10 dive time was 76 seconds, a difference of 12 seconds. So even though the GEO shows you the correct dive time at the end of the dive, this is not recorded for download. I also downloaded the GEO with Macdive and the dive time for the same dive was 67 seconds?

Data from GEO and F10 on the SAME dive

software, dive time, max depth, start depth, end depth, computer
Macdive, 67sec, 121', 19.5', 4', Geo
oceanlog, 64sec, 121', 29', 4', Geo
Aeris, 76sec, 120', 7.5', 1.25', F10

Attachments

• 091122_f10.png
    091122_f10.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 091122_geo.png
    091122_geo.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 091122_geo_macdive.png
    091122_geo_macdive.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hey,

The reason the start depth is different is that oceanlog ignores the first two samples stored on the Geo. So MacDive is technically more correct there.

The dive time is partly because of that, but don't forget, it's not an oceanic specific application so some things are worked out a little differently for consistency across the application.

As Dave says, I will be taking a look at the F10 for all you guys, but I also have a lot of other work on the app itself to do so it has to wait a while.

The major overhaul isn't strictly because of Snow Leopard, I just had a few issues and ended up finally giving in and deciding to revamp it :) It'll be worth the wait.

-nick

I hope that I am putting in the right place-

I just bought my wife a Garmin running watch and noticed that she can download her info via a wireless antenna. Will this ever be available for your watch? I have an Oceanic Geo and it seems like the one thing people don't like about these watches is the price of the cable. I'm not really thrilled about the cost either but, it is what it is. I probably won't ever buy one.

Thanks,
Derek

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT