• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aeris F.11. Info Leak :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
BennyB is using mine at vertical blue, so far it's been flawless for the last 1000 plus dives.

Simon Bennet has one too - it's been perfect. As I understand it these still have the F.10v2 firmware however. The hold up has been getting the firmware written and tested - the hardware has been solid for awhile.

Yeh i saw Simons and Bennys and they look great. I also wondered about the alarm. RRP? Any new software? I see some guys using some cool Mac software for their Suuntos. It would be good to have something more advanced.

I've been talking with Aeris about some of the new features. I would say they are fine tuning the firmware - but I should have something more to say soon.

Great.

Give us some news ASAP, because I can't wait to buy it (hope it's gonna be before May:) )

Okay, heres da skinny.
Looks like we got two things comin' - one is an upgrade for the F.10v2 firmware
to make it an F.10v3.
The other is the F.11 - below is a comparison

F.10 v.3:
Firmware Update – v.2 compatible
Improved user interface with “Step Back”
Updated operating logic – chrono, set methods, etc.
Wet Activation – reinstate On/Off, allows auto Dive Mode entry while in Watch Mode
Log – step through same type Data screens
CDT – CD, alarm, auto reset and repeat (countdown timer)
Dual Time – allow interchange with Date on Main
Record Temperature, every second, throughout dive for desktop interface
PC & MAC (in beta now - will extend to v.3 users that are interested) Interface compatible

F.11
F.10 v.3 features plus:
2 color variations - black with olive green accent and polished stainless / olive green with black and matte stainless

Stainless Steel keeper and case back
Depth to 660 FT (200 M)
When > 330 FT (100 M) – view only, no alternate displays, button operations
Watch >> Dual Time interchange with Day on Main
Glo by Dive >> set backlight for full On upon descent
Increased battery life CR2450
Day Log, Full log, Day History, Full History
PC Sample Rate - user setting (.25, .5, 1, 2 sec)

No improvement to the audible alarm. I've got a list for the next firmware update started already - with at least the ability to customize the audible pattern and duration.

Release of F.10v3 firmware - barring any issues discovered during field tests - should be end of January. Optimistic outlook for F.11 release is end of Feb.

Pricing for the f.10v3 remains the same MSRP $429.95 (varies to less depending on where you get it).
List for the f.11 will be $599.95 (you can take it to the bottom of the Blue Hole and it won't break :) )

Just an addendum - I think I'm on my 3rd battery in the F.10v2 (they last quite awhile) with literally daily use for pool training. The unit has been rock solid. The 2ft activation depth absolutely rules for pool training and, in my opinion, is one of the strong points of these units.

I'll be providing pictures and more info on both the new firmware and the f.11 as I get into the water with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: maui400
Very interesting!
Can't wait to update my v2! The log function is a bit of a pain.
Hopefully they'll work on the audibility on they next sw-release.

Any idea where the update will be available?

Soon. I think they are deciding if they want to release it to DB members as a Beta.

Still some work going on with an interesting feature of which I am not yet authorized to speak :)

Whats more the f.10v2 will probably come down in price when the f.11 hits the market.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT