• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aeris F.11. Info Leak :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
No news on release date - but there are now some eval copies in circulation :)
First impressions are very good.

p1532947608-3.jpg

p1532944744-4.jpg

Last edited:
Something I didn't know about - the f.11 has a great many alarm functions.
Repeated depth interval, six depth alarms - and the alarm beeps are setable from 1 to 10 and can be set to repeat up to three times (depth alarms only).

We've had this unit out in open water with the repeating time interval set and the single long beep for this could be clearly heard through a 5 mil hood, a 3 mil henderson ice mask and a set of Doc's proplugs. I was told the volume of the alarms is the same as the f.10, but they sure seem louder.

I'm sure I'm the only one who doesn't know this already, but I'm late to the party. Can these alarms be turned off? I'm a spearfisherman, and I don't want to beep at fish.

My D3 is 10 years old and still ticking, but I don't know which one of us will last longer.

Hi Bill - yes they can all be turned off. They can also just be a little flashing light. I've also noticed the free mode display is quite a bit larger - the screen on the f.11 is a fraction bigger than the f.10 - at 1.5 inches - but they changed the layout for free mode and made it more readable.

Also - I'm guessing the price on the f.10 will come down when the f.11 is released.

Hi Bill - yes they can all be turned off. They can also just be a little flashing light. I've also noticed the free mode display is quite a bit larger - the screen on the f.11 is a fraction bigger than the f.10 - at 1.5 inches - but they changed the layout for free mode and made it more readable.

Also - I'm guessing the price on the f.10 will come down when the f.11 is released.

Thanks. That's all good news.

Of course I hope my D3 just keeps on working, but its good to know I have an alternative.

I sold mine a couple years ago, but I think it's still working too. These are better in a bunch of ways, but mostly stuff that is helpful for training and competitive diving (other than being more readable).

We've had this unit out in open water with the repeating time interval set and the single long beep for this could be clearly heard through a 5 mil hood, a 3 mil henderson ice mask and a set of Doc's proplugs. I was told the volume of the alarms is the same as the f.10, but they sure seem louder.

THe thing is, I can hear other peoples alarms from the surface and 20 m down... but when diving myself, I sometimes miss it, so it's probably also a "user"-dependable problem... Best thing to do is probably the "watch in the hood"-thing...

A question:
F.10 v.3:
Firmware Update – v.2 compatible
Updated operating logic – chrono
Wet Activation – reinstate On/Off, allows auto Dive Mode entry while in Watch Mode

Can they really make wet activation from a firm-ware update..! So there's a sensor, but it's not being used at the moment...? (or is the the pressure gauge?) Interesting.

About the Chrono change, thanks god if they changed it! But some feedback here also: It goes out of chrono and back to time within a few minutes, wich means during breathup... A real pain, especially if your buddy is going to time you. Could they please change that... (or is it allready setable)?

Just got my New Aeris F-11 yesterday From Dolphin Scuba In Sacramento! They seem to be the only shop that has them available! The watch is a tremendous improvement over the F-10 v.2

Reactions: Kars
Hello Spearo 2121,

What are the great improvements?
We at DB are VERY eager to know!

I can list a few (I have one too).
The buttons are larger and easier to push.
The display, is larger and the various items on the display are much larger and better centered. Much more readable
for me with my scratched up Sphera which also corrects and makes me a tad farsighted.
You can select different beep cycles on the depth alarms - including long tones that are more audible.
One of the eval divers reported setting his up the same way he had his Geo and being annoyed by the alarms while diving with a henderson ice mask (3mil) and doc's proplugs under a 5 mil hood. (annoyed because the alarm seemed much louder)

The thing has 6 depth alarms plus a repeating depth interval alarm.
Each of the six has the option for from 1-8 beeps which can then be repeated up to 3 times.

You can set the sample rate from 2 seconds down to .25 of a second. So far we've had no major problems. One small programming glitch was corrected.

Oh, and it goes to 150m.

I've been really pleased with this unit. Very smooth eval.

Last edited:
I'm pleased to hear the alarms are more versitile and appear longer and louder.
Also the increased depth should be nice for the ever deeper freediving diving elites.
Does it have a continuous count down timer?
How is the battery life?
Does it also record dives with the 0,25s sample rate?
And what is the maximum surface interval time, before it resets to chrono mode?
Any other nice colours coming?
Price? price for pc interface?

Will Martin Stepanek break this one too? (what is he up to these days?)

It does have a countdown timer - but I've not used it yet.
Battery life is supposed to be better than the f.10v2 - though I expect
cranking the sample rate would shorten it.
Yes - the sample rate is for graphing dives.
2 hours is the surface reset interval.

Don't know about the interface cable pricing/inclusion - but it has a much better attachment
than the previous model.

Don't know about the interface cable pricing/inclusion - but it has a much better attachment
than the previous model.

I doubt that I would ever use it, but just out of curiosity-does it work on a Mac?

Last edited:
Not yet! Work in progress... There is a third party application - Macdive - but I don't know if the f.10 or f.11 are or will be in it.

The Aeris F.11 is now available from FreediveStore.com. The F11 is not replacing the Aeris F.10 V.2, Aeris will continue offering the F 10.

F.11 features:

• 2 color variations - black with olive green accent and polished stainless / olive green with black and matte stainless
  • Stainless steel keeper and case back
  • Depth to 660ft (200m)
  • Firmware update compatible - download firmware revisions and new features as available
  • Improved user interface with "Step Back"
  • Wet Activation - reinstate On/Off, allows auto dive mode entry while in Watch Mode
  • Log - step through same type data screens
  • CDT - CD, alarm, auto reset and repeat (countdown timer)
  • Dual Time - allow interchange with date on main
  • Record Temperature, every second, throughout dive for desktop interface
  • PC & MAC (in beta now) interface compatible
  • Watch >> dual time interchange with day on main
  • Glo by Dive >> set backlight for full ON upon descent
  • Increased battery life CR2450
  • Day Log, Full log, Day History, Full History
  • PC Sample Rate - user setting (.25, .5, 1, 2 sec)
aeris-f11.jpg

aeris-f11.jpg

Why didn`t they just leave the watch as it looks on the original drawings (as they look so nice on pursuit`s post)... much prettier than the ones released on the market... any new colors soon...? Kind of the ones presented above or an "all black" or even an "white edition"!
(sorry about this, i know i may being too personal here but i don`t really like at all the released colors and i`m sure that many "pure" freedivers think the same, as these graphics seem obvious and mostly directed to spearos than for freedivers...)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT