• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DiveInn Scubastore

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Bobdonny@ Thanks for your brief and constructive analysis of the customer service at Scubastore. I totally agree.

You should demand for a 10% discount! They should give it to you.... Not enough for all the stress caused... but at least something in compensation.

I love Scubastore because of their competitive price, but dealing with their customer service is too much stress...especially when you are anxious for the products...I was one of them... and I shredded their customer service with daily emails asking for an update....lol I've ordered from them twice but both times, they couldn't send me all my orders because they had no idea when the products were going to be available in stock....

So my advice for now is, never wait for the products at scubastore because they'll make you wait for months.... seriously.... Always cancel your order and never deal with their customer service because that will be another headache for you... lol

I'm happy now that I have my speargun, but I probably would avoid buying from scubastore for a while until I see an improvement in their stock count and customer service...

Bobdonny@ I hope everything gets better on your end... I seriously feel your frustration on this one......

StephanWhelan@ You're the man!!! Always the MAN!!! You Rock & Thanks for your continued support!!

I would expect more than a 10% discount, but maybe I have too high standards due to good experience with other stores, but I shouldn't be asking... and if I have to ask they miss the point! As I think they did, not even an apology which would have been better than nothing.

All the gear came and I am very happy with the gear and the prices. And will continue to use them, just not their customer support and if anything is out of stock I would rather go to subprof or similiar... I may wait for longer or pay more but you are treated with a bit more respect.

I am kind of reassured to see I am not the only one who has run into problems. I am having the exact same trouble.
Made a huge order nearly TWO MONTHS ago, and they are still sending me these ridiculous updates of how long it is going to take my order to ship.
Frankly, I will not use this crowd ever again. Their customer service is absolutely disgusting. Emailing them gets no reply, there phone number doesn't work, and they keep changing the dates that my order will be filled.

I have no gear at the moment (I am replacing my gear after an insurance claim). Now I am sitting here twiddling my freakin thumbs while weeks of summer pass by.

I cannot express just how hacked off I am by these pricks. At the very least, I would expect them to send the parts of the order that ARE in stock, and send the rest later.

If you are ordering from overseas, be warned, Scubastore is useless.

Hope you guys have had some resolution!

Good Hunting.

May be too late, or your order may be coming soon, but I would say cancel and redor item that are in stock.. or order from a competitor!

Finally got some resolution:
I just started to google scubastore / DiveInn and looked for numbers for scubastore.com. Eventually got through to one that worked and spoke to a lady who was actually quite helpful. It seems most of this issue is caused by poor communication.

She tells me the Order Updates are to let customers know what they will be waiting for so they can respond and cancel things if they don't want to wait. If they don't hear from you, they assume you are OK waiting!!!??? - a little crazy, I know. The automatic email you get from them says nothing about this, in fact says "do not reply to this email address".

She couldn't tell me why my emails had not been getting through via the website - so maybe just sending an email from your regular email account will be more successful, rather than using the website link.

Lastly, the phone numbers that you see on the website change depending on where in the world you are...so if you don't change the little tab in the top right corner to your country, the numbers will not work at all.

I have now cancelled the two items that were holding up my entire new scuba/freediving setup and she assures me that this will ship tomorrow....we'll will see, but at least I have managed to actually make contact.

Hope this helps other frustrated shoppers at Scubastore. I now don't think they are useless, they just have less than perfect communication, a not so clear website, and some sort of glitch with sending them a message via their website.

@FastEddie, You don't have to be a CIA agent to get a hold of them, but you need to have the attitude of a bails bondsmen to reach them.... lol At least, that's my experience with them.

Happy hunting!!!

Hi all,

I believe I'm in the same position as y'all too.

Have been waiting for my order to get processed since the 22nd Nov.

Does anybody know the direct phone number so I can chase them up?

I really need my wetsuit for my depth training. :(

Thanks for listening! :)

@mikarmikar: Bro. cancel the order becuz your wetsuit is not in their stock. Ask them to change it to a different wetsuit in stock, or you will end up going to depth training with your swimsuits... lol I'm not kidding....

My best advice is Go to Trade Inn, and contact them through their representative. Trade Inn runs all the DiveInns, TrekkInns, SnowInns, you name it, so the big dogs (upper management) are there to help you. I think...

Contact Maria Gomez, the customer service manager directly via email and she should get back to you in a few days.... Just make sure you write her an email everyday until you get a reply.

Good luck!

@runjunrun: Wowee, I managed to get through to diveinn on the phone! Talked to Letticia and she responded to me immediatelly; i.e. replacing the wetsuit with alternate product (i got Mares instinct 35mm open cell interior instead)

I hope I will get the shipment early next week. Will keep you posted :)

Thanks for the advice runjunrun.

Mike out.

I've had 90% good luck with Diveinn in the past and 10% crappy luck. I was wondering if anyone else in the states has ordered anything from Subprof?

I used to order all my gear from Jimdoe2you, but he's no longer on here and it's back to Diveinn for most of my needs. Subprof seems to have a larger selection of gear, but I'm not sure about their customer service for those of us on this side of the pond.

Jon

I've had 90% good luck with Diveinn in the past and 10% crappy luck. I was wondering if anyone else in the states has ordered anything from Subprof?

I used to order all my gear from Jimdoe2you, but he's no longer on here and it's back to Diveinn for most of my needs. Subprof seems to have a larger selection of gear, but I'm not sure about their customer service for those of us on this side of the pond.

Jon

Don't go to Subprof! - I bought an Omer spearfishing board from them and it was taking in water.

I have never experienced such bad customer service.

I repaired myself in the end - as they wanted me to pay for the return of the item which weighs 15 kg I think and they were not going to refund this...

Be warned!

Try this company good pricing and P&P costs - I had some socks sent from Hawaii to UK for $15 after recommendations on here of this particular typr of sock (by Argos).

http://westsidespearfishing.com/

Cheers

Ryan

Last edited:
(i got Mares instinct 35mm open cell interior instead
Mike out.

Wow what kinda water are you diving in that you need a 35mm suit. Must be the michelin man in it. Only messing and glad you are getting sorted out.

Jon

Jon, I've had about the same luck with Diveinn as you describe. I did once place an order with Subprof about five years ago - never again, it took forever to get my gear! Now I make my purchases from shops here in the states. In my experience Newport Free Dive Co. and Florida Freedivers have superb customer service.

Last edited:
Wow what kinda water are you diving in that you need a 35mm suit. Must be the michelin man in it. Only messing and glad you are getting sorted out.

Bahahaha! Typo mate. But yah, got it, tried it on and it is perfect. Finally doing depth training this weekend! 35m here i come...

Reactions: fcallagy
I just purchased a cressi tecnica from diveinn and it's damaged, a one inch section of stitching on the middle seem is undone and there's a 1/4 inch nick on the inside sleeve. feels like it was a previous return.

There's no way to prove you've sent an email as you have to send one via their website and i tried calling both their Australian and US contact numbers only to receive an automated message in spanish.

And while I paid $44 in shipping to get it in 48 hours, from reading their website i can only return via regular mail, which means they wont receive it (that's if they reply to my emails) for at least a week.

I was bloody looking forward to that cressi wetsuit as well.

Has anyone had to return goods to DIVEINN SCUBA STORE?

I just bought a 3.5mm cressi tecnica and it's damaged to the point where i'm guessing it was a previous return. one inch stitching undone on the middle back seam, a nick on the inside sleeve.

I've called both their US and Australian customer service lines and both have an automated message in spanish re their business hours (i called during spanish, american and australia biz hours).

Fellin pretty bummed right now. Not looking forward to losing the cash.

:(

I've sent them e-mails but am still waiting to hear back. the fact that they have a recorded message for the contact numbers they list is worrying. also hate that after paying $44 for shipping you can only return the product by regular mail meaning it will be a 2 week turn around for something that was there fault.

time will tell...

i generally find they are good, but I have bought some duff stuff from them, coincidentally, a cressi LC competition 7mm that falls apart if you look at it wrong!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT