• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Philippine spearfishermen

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Got back a couple weeks ago from a trip to the Philippines. Went to see family and did a trip on my friend's boat with some old friends there. We did the Cagayancillo islands, part of Palawan out in the Sulu Sea. Tubbataha Reef is part of that chain also. We left our spearguns with a barangay captain at Calusa and scuba dived Tubbataha Unreal place. I was there in 95 but it's better now. No fishing of any kind and guys meet you with M16 Armalites. They're serious.
We did some free dive and scuba spearing. Man, the fish there are a lot more wary than here in Belize. Here, if we see snappers, we dive to the bottom and hide. Usually they'll come and check us out and we get a good shot. There.....gone. You look up after getting to the bottom and all the fish have dived over the wall,
Almost had a shot on a nice dogtooth tuna. My buddy, Boy Saldana did hit one but it tore off He didn't have a bungee and had his gun tied to a small banka.
My son jake got a nice grouper and that red snapper free diving. Great trip. Lot of fun.
251967_3666257706736_923850756_n.jpg

165907_10151146532026124_1003286163_n.jpg
[/IMG]
547772_3666255186673_699991449_n.jpg

525825_10151146535976124_1682693194_n.jpg

181478_10151144394126124_2100998392_n.jpg

Our boat for the trip. 80 foot banka. No nails. All the rigging is held together with fishing line. Coco lumber and bamboo. Home for 9 days. ya man.
392527_10151144396016124_2019828002_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am currently in Costa Rica,but will be moving to Quezon City area before 2013....I need spearfishing buddies

Hi to everybody,
this is my first post here and I'm looking for a buddy to spearfishing with
I live in Bohol Island and I've all necessary gear with me to catch some nice fish.
I did already some spearfishing and caught some fish but when alone I don't feel confident enough to go deeper and deeper so I only spear on the edge of the cliff. I'm also open to beginners and can teach and give some good advises .
So please if you are interested send me a PM or leave a message on the board.

where can i buy or order online speargun accesories like bands etc.. in the philippines....

cheers!

Hi. I believe Sir wdaf can help u with that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow that was quick!

im just new to the sport and would like to buy some gears specifically a low volume mask. I have read good reviews of sporasub mystic and mundial and super occhio but cannot find a retailer in the Philippines.

cheers!

Good brands are very hard to find here in the ph. We usually import and ship items for personal use. Add us in FB.. Post the items you are looking for. Maybe some of the members could help you with your needs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow that was quick!

im just new to the sport and would like to buy some gears specifically a low volume mask. I have read good reviews of sporasub mystic and mundial and super occhio but cannot find a retailer in the Philippines.

cheers!
hi oneutong
did you find anything you were looking for? I found a very good spot for fishing now lots of big beauty but the only problem is I need a bigger gun with my omer 90 I'm very limited to fish in a short distance and here in the Philippines is difficult the fish rarely come close to you so I'm now working the holes and cracks even if I prefer the aspetto technique. Let me know,thanks.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT