• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

spear fishing in pembrokeshire

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Awesome fish! Out of interest, when you get something that big, what's in it's stomach?

(Maybe I'm odd but I usually check what the fish has been eating :D)

Reactions: apneaboy
Fantastic Pollock I have never seen one while diving that was bigger than 5lb.
I never study the contents of my catches stomach because I fillet straight from the whole fish without gutting, but I can see why it might be of interesting to some!

Cheers guys,
Been quite a happy chap all day even tho I was in work and it was a monday!!
As for guts the big pollack had about 10 small velvet swimmers in it. The 5lber was empty. I have found pollack to almost a pound in the guts of bass that were only about 4lb and in August had a few 3.5lbers that were stuffed full of spider peelers/softies. so collected a few from the sand which are in my freezer ready for the winter cod! Would have used them for the Bass this summer but was too busy diving!
As for the triggers they don't really seem to get up to North wales in any great numbers. Have seen a few in the inshore trawls while I was in Bangor and a few caught in the Straights.

The Triggers I saw on Friday were in the same place as 2 years ago but their numbers had doubled! there must have been 50+ fish with some nice bass mixed in as well.

Dave

Last edited:
Awesome fish! Out of interest, when you get something that big, what's in it's stomach?

(Maybe I'm odd but I usually check what the fish has been eating :D)

I got one the other day with a car licence plate in it, chief brody told me to keep it a secret so don't tell anyone :)

Getting near the close of poll, only another day to go http://forums.deeperblue.com/uk-ireland/84117-september-fish-month.html . Make sure you've voted and make sure your mates have. It's been a great month for entries and deserves a big turnout in the voting.

Several of the September FOM fish are featured in the http://forums.deeperblue.com/spearo-board/82043-deeper-blue-spearfishing-hall-fame.html along with a fair few other new entries and already an entry from October FOM. If you haven't checked out the HOF lately then have a look. It makes great viewing.

Dave.

Seasons greetings to all on DB.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my mates on DB :inlove.

Dave.

hi all,
when do u all think it would be good to try a day out, i'm still learning when and where

Reactions: Gaz D
hi all,
when do u all think it would be good to try a day out, i'm still learning when and where

I'd like to know the same last season was my first. What's going to be the best month to start in West Wales with a chance of seeing some fish?

Got some serious cabin fever this winter :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Gaz D
Lo, got in today For my first dive of 2010 but there was not much vis (2 metres at best) in 5 degrees water which was rather refreshing! The local fisherman needed help removing rope from his prop and then proceeded to tell me that he had not caught anything since early january.

Give it another month or so for the temperatures to rise and some fish to start showing!
Posted via Mobile Device

Excited! Just bought a new Tarpon 120 kayak which will hopefully free up alot of the less easily accessible spots!

Reactions: Broseidon
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT