• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

16/17 June

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Diving with the green mean posse on the main line

Saturday - meet at 11.30 am
Lammy 20m
John P 20m
Andrew 20m
Annamaria 25m
Simon 25m
Roger Ward 25m
Tim M 46m
Liv??

Sunday - meet at 9.30 am
Mark H - seriously deep
Tim M - 46m
Liv??
Andrew - 25m
John P - 25m
Roger Ward - 30m
Annamaria - 25m

2 Star Course - diving with Sam both days - meet at 9.30 am
Tessa (you can come about midday on Saturday as you've done the classroom before)
Ben
Coen
Derek

Hi everyone, I was just thinking: where is a good place to stay? Bit far to drive back to London, really. I would appreciate advice!
Anna

Annamaria ... places to stay you can find on the Saltfree website:
SaltFree - Freediving at the National Diving and Activity Centre in the UK

Greenies and Meanies, I have Angels cover planned for Sunday only so far. Waiting still for confirmation from some of the team but you'll probably have to use the CB on Saturday. Tim, I think that might scupper your depth slightly but we'll cover you as deep as you like on Sunday.

I'll post an update once I have the plan in ink.
x

Can anyone else make Saturday? Mandy? Liv? Dave Morgan?

We could do with a few more regulars there on Saturday to safety dive etc/ as I'll be teaching and Mr Crocs is working.....

S

Although I'm not a regular yet (but planning to become one!) I can certainly do safety for others, too, which I would have expected to do anyway! I realise no one likes to rely on a diver they have not dived with, but I expect to get to know everyone quickly and obviously play my part in doing safety & ropes for others.

As a deep trimix diver, I am also interested in getting involved with the 'angel cover' occasionally in the fututure, too.

Am looking forward to the weekend, praying for good weather in the meantime!

Anna

that's great - and helps! thanks for letting us know.

Hi Sam,

I was just thinking: since my constant weight pb is a comfortable 36m, would it be ok for me to try and dive around the 30m+ mark? I have not had the opportunity to see how I am diving in cold water, (apart from a quick dive to 20m in Vobster) and would like to check where my limits currently are, so I know how to train and what depth to announce for the double dip.

Anna

yes that's fine. As long as it is less than 40m, you can name your depth on the day as safety will be with counterweight rather than scuba. I'd recommend taking it easy on the first day to see how you get on in the different conditions and then pushing a little more on Sunday.

Can anyone else from the normal gang make it on Saturday? I will be with students so we could do with another experienced SaltFree'er!

S

Hi,

Like Annamaria I'm more than happy to buddy for others and help out any way I can - I kind of assumed I'd have to.

I'm only a **AIDA but I'll happily buddy from 10m.

Cheers,

John.

Greenies and Meanies
Just to confirm that you will have Angel's support on Sunday but not on Saturday. Glowing in the dark will be Ben, Mark W, Pete K, Trev F and myself :D
See you there!
x

Last edited:
Hi there...

sorry for the late post...

been away on holiday, and then just been far too busy at work..

please count me in for the weekend.. hopefully both days... i'll let you know if not..

feels like ages since I've been in, so nothing too taxing for me !! probably about 30 (if I can get that far!!)

hope that's OK... can't wait to get in !!

Mandy
xx

Liv and George are planning on coming down on the saturday only, if its not too late. Sorry its late they are lounging in the south of France lucky girls.

Means a few more people who know the Counter balance set-up which is good.

Tim

Saturday - meet at 11.30 am - max depth 40m (counterweight)
Lammy 20m
John P 20m
Andrew 20m
Annamaria 25m
Simon 25m
Roger Ward 25m
Tim M 40m
Liv 40m
George ?
Mandy 30m

Sunday - meet at 9.30 am (Angel cover)
Mark H - seriously deep
Tim M - 46m
Annamaria - 35m?
Mandy - 30m
Roger Ward - 30m
Andrew - 25m
John P - 25m

2 Star Course - diving with Sam both days - meet at 9.30 am
Tessa (you can come about midday on Saturday as you've done the classroom before)
Ben
Coen
Derek
Claire (diving, not course)

Please could you ALL (except course people) print out and bring the forms with you, attached here

Attachments

• SALTFREE DIVERS LIABILITY RELEASE AND ASS.doc
    229 KB · Views: 214
  • AIDA MEDICAL FORM.pdf
    69.8 KB · Views: 232
Hi Sam
Would it be ok for me to come on sunday, it would be my first time freediving in uk waters (although I've alot of scuba in cold dark places!).
I just did 54m cw in dahab last week and would like to start getting in some practice in cold water before the double dip. I guess I'd be diving somewhere between 35-45m if thats possible.
many thanks
Ben Guyat

no problem Ben if you are 40m or less - bit late to plan in anything deeper than that with the scuba guys - so if you're happy limiting it to 40m then be there at 9.30 am on Sunday and we'll fit you in

I'm off line as of now so call if you need me

Sam

Thanks to everyone who came this weekend - it was great to see SO many people on the platform

Well done on the PBs and see you all again soon

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT