• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2000lb Fish which would be the meanest?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
To Fart Another Day...

Isn't that the new Bond flick coming out here soon? I think I've seen the preview where Pierce Brosnan chases after a goon with a rocket belt. Instead of having his own rocketbelt handy, 007 heats up some jalapeno poppers in Q's miniature coat-pocket microwave, then gulps about 2 litres of Dr. Pepper, and away he goes after the villain.

Attachments

• 00smellin.jpg
    00smellin.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: bdurrett
It is not a fish. It is Humboldt squid or jumbo. It weighs 70-90kg. It is about 1-2m long. Most people prefer to dive with bull sharks or great whites than with these. It will attack anything. Make it ten times bigger...

zm_zoomin.2.2.jpg

Reactions: Oldsarge
octopus said:
It is not a fish. It is Humboldt squid or jumbo. It weighs 70-90kg. It is about 1-2m long. Most people prefer to dive with bull sharks or great whites than with these. It will attack anything. Make it ten times bigger...

zm_zoomin.2.2.jpg

Humbolt squid go from egg to adult in 2 years. That's why they are so voracious. Now, imagine the colossal squid. They grow from egg to adult in 5 years and are, as the man says, 10 or more times bigger. Want to dance with something that tries to eat sperm whales?

Those Humboldt Squids are Baja Dwellers, they are really mean, but fortunately is very difficult to cross paths with them, besides the most scary thing about the Humboldt Squids is Killer Whales are always around them, and those Bufeos mascarillo are over the 2000 pound league!!!

Yeah cookie cutters are strange little critters alright, I have seen quite a few tuna and swordfish that have nice neat bite marks.
but I don't think that they are a real mean fish.
Some of the deepwater sharks like Dalatia licha are like big versions of the cookie cutter shark.

Speaking of the deepwater sharks, I found one of these Frilled Sharks about 4 years ago on a survey in the NE Atlantic, it is a really strange looking animal with tri-cuspid teeth, ie each tooth has 3 points arranged in a trident fashion.
Lots of strange animals in the deep sea...
The shark is now in the Dublin museum of natural history.

That would be the muskie and walleye. We have to keep them penned up when we come acrossed them up here in the great north woods.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT