• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

200x50M in one session???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Why?

If you guys want to make new discipline of dives, I guess it’s all right. I just wonder why? There are already so many wonderful categories on single breath hold dives, and if you’re after speed, then there is fin sprint swimming in different countries in Europe and elsewhere.

If these multiply lap dives were good training for the current disciplines, then why not discuss their value for training? But to try to make more and more non-sanctioned categories, just seems like it’s polluting the sport.

Maybe we need a db forum category for non-traditional freediving. Then if a new discipline grows in popularity, people could petition the AIDA or other organizations and ask that it be sanctioned. The forum category could also include hockey and ruby even though these already have organizations behind them. A lot of freedivers praise the fun training these sports give them, and those of us who can’t participate in them, because of no local organization, would enjoy learning more about them.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It’s just my opinion,
Drew

Reactions: donmoore
Hello Thud!

With this thread I only like to share a very special training session!

Offcourse it's not a new discipline! Sorry if it seemed like we want to make one.:hmm

If you don't like the reading in this thread or think it's meaningless you don't need to read:D

No problem anyway; offcourse you can say your opinion.;)

Cheers

peter,

"Interesting to hear that you consider 30'' to be slow!!

You must have a good technique... or are you a finswimmer??"

yes, I am a former finswimmer. isn't Mathias also one?

We were having reasonable success with a CO2 type dynamic table (no fins) a couple of months back... basically I'd do 25m no fins, then Wal would do the same (but on a full exhale), then when he got to me, I'd go off again. We'd usually only do about 20 of these, but they definitely helped with technique.

OK Juka, I understand why your speed reserve is high then.

Mathias is not a former finswimmer but a swimmer.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT