• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

209m Dynamic on 5ème Coupe des Dauphines

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by jfjulian
stephane mifsud was on national news- prime
time yesterday, so if you guys want to see it...
there is a 4 mn streamline on his both
reccords and about him as a freediver

http://stade2.france2.fr/

its all good for freediving.javascript:smilie(':p')

cheers to all
jf

I cant seem to watch all the three videos, only the first one.... Any where else to watch it?

Reactions: thud and donmoore
fpernett: Was it 30, 40 or 80 the C4?
well, difficult to say, because frankly I don t know the difference.
Is it stiffness or length ? (Still talking of fins ?! ;-)

I got my C4 2nd hand, so I did not bother too much. I can say mifsuds looked ike mine, and mine is C4 Falcon 80, bladelength 86cm. (Mifsud has a sponsor sticker over his, so i did not see the number on it). if you need to know more precisely: Mifsuds website including forum, where he answers: http://www.stephanemifsud.com. anyway a beautyful website.

hope this helps, deep greetings

dani wieser

Originally posted by WISR
Is it stiffness or length ? (Still talking of fins ?! ;-)

rofl rofl (Hope so)

Both stiffness and length 80 are longer than others, and 40 are stiffer than others. (talking of fins, again ;))

I know this from the web page, cause I never use it.

When U are bored with your C4 I can acceptt 3rd hand fins

When U are bored with your C4 I can acceptt 3rd hand fins

only from my dead cold feet....
I used to swim with the C4, then swapped to mono for a while, but still C4 is my favourite, and i guess will be for a long time.

P.s. What i did not mention so far about mifsud which might be intersting: he dives with both his arms on his side.
greetz dani

hey dani

what about a bi-fin c4-session once again... mifsud style... you remember?

can anyone explain the very exact difference between the numbers 30 40 80? the history behind C4s? I have 80s (but does size really matter :confused: in that case) ?

yours pat

My understanding is that the number of the C4 blade is related only to the length. Then, the stiffness rating 'Durezza' gives the stiffness. However, since almost all 80's are in the soft grade, the illusion is that the 80 is soft. Likewise, since most 40's are stiffer, the illusion is that all 40's are stiff.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

C4 themselves described their finn collection to me as follows:

We have in productions this model:
Falcon 25 stiff soft blade for hunting/apnea, dimention 760 x 190 mm
Falcon 30 stiff midium blade for hunting/apnea, dimention 760 x 190 mm
Falcon 40 stiff hard blade for hunting/apnea, dimention 760 x 190 mm
Falcon 80 stiff very soft for deep like record in costant mass ecc..
dimention 860 x 190 mm

Reactions: bruno
Thanks Eric and Roland

I got mine 2nd hand too and it's true they are very flexible/soft.

Something else - have you ever tried to swim Mifsud-like very slowly with stereo fins and holding your arms relaxed to the side of your body? I did but with difficulties because my arms tend to sag and give me a negative drag. Am I too relaxed or too clumsy :hungover ?

Do you face the same problem?

yours pat

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT