• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

24/25 June and Mencap Challenge

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Anyone coming along???? would you like to take part in the Mencap Dive Challenge?

Post here if you can come and mail me for a Mencap form if you'd like one

Sam

hey, i'm a new freediver living in bristol - I've emailed you about the 24/25th June diving session - i'd be well up for it if you lot will have me!

Alex, you are on the list!

Saturday
So far

Sam (depth tbc)
Alex (let me know how deep-ish you would like to dive)

Cheers. Thinking probably 25m Saturday, 30m Sunday but not quite decided yet... will let you know nearer the time

Sam,

I'm able to come along on the Saturday (24th) - will sponsor you and others if youre doing something special.

Target at 30m - without any sign of Jon Bon Jovi anywhere near the plate or pontoon.

Lammy

Oooh Lammy babe .. that's harsh! I need something to entice me back from the deep and Jon Bon J is the man who can :inlove

Angels booked for the Mencap weekend so far are John, Jedi Simon, Jason and Dave.

So far just sam, alex and lammy

any more for any more?
wanna train for the comp?

Hey Sam,

Yep will come along if thats cool, 38m would be great, can make sat or sunday, whichever is good, both maybe if there is stuff on.

Ta

Tim

Sam,

Count me in too !!

Maybe me n Lammy could do 60m between us !!

30m each !

See you guys there !

Mandy

Greenies and spirits of the deep ... can you post all your depths here by the middle of next week, any changes etc and the time you're all meeting please so that the Angels can sort themselves out.

Dive safe and have fun ...

I can make one day, probably the saturday which is my birthday!!!
So is it ok if I use a giant chocolate cake as my tag?
I'd fancy 42m please.
Would anyone mind a 10am start? Gotta get back to party that night!

Liv x

Big choclate cake v good idea liv, just leave some over for us shallow non record holders!!rofl

30m please and 10a.m is good for me.

Lammy

OK - So far for Saturday

Sam 36
Liv 42
Lammy 30
Mandy 30
Alex 30
Tim 38

Sunday
anyone? anyone? I'll go if there is anyone else

Counterweight system is working fine! Had a good play yesterday and going back for more today. Checked the depth under the pontoon and we have 71m where we are... nice very nice

Oh yeah and its getting warmer! Someone was swimming yesterday

10am start for Livvy's birthday!

S

ok - looks like Saturday only for everyone

Liv 42
Tim 38
Sam 36
Lammy 30
Mandy 30
Alex 30
Sarah - 25

The counterweight is working - so we need some volunteers to get rescued to check it out! DI Dave and I spent most of this weekend over there perfecting it - he did a LOT of rope pulling so make sure you buy him coffees and muffins to say thanks!

(I did SOME!)

Saturday, meet at 10am

Liv 42
Tim 38
Sam 36
Lammy 30
Mandy 30
Alex 30
Steve M late 20s
Sarah 25m

Sarah and Alex are new to us so play nice!! : )

DI Dave and I spent most of this weekend on the pontoon and the counterweight is now running perfectly - just need some dummies to get rescued a few times and check it works.

Dave did a LOT of rope pulling to make sure it works so please buy him lots of coffees and cakes to say thanks

While we were there we dropped the rope to the bottom - under the pontoon we have 71m - if you need more we can move it to get 75m. We also checked the rope markings every 10m and they are spot on

cool!! see you down there

S
x

FYI - we have Angel cover on Saturday for all the dives above, meet at 10am. There is NO diving on Sunday this weekend.

see you there

Sam

I'm a dummy! and Happy to act as one for the counter weight.. sounds like a fun ride! Thanks Dave and Sam - you are both most ingenius building this for us.
:t The blue fins are coming back out to play this weekend, I'm experimenting with something and I missed them.

I'll bring the cake - see you all 10am sat x

cool - and yes of course the birthday girl gets first ride on the counterweight!

(I just reckon you don't trust us which is why the carbon fins are in hiding!!)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT