• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2james 3rd annual keys kraze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
well I do this comunity service thing at the the local Jail and there is this this guy there from Missi......

Jokes Rig, jokes!

Vince that is a valid point - meeting new and interesting people from all over the Lower 48. Do we have any people from real "exotic" locations showing up?

Willer

International Spearo of Mystery.....

a couple more months stuck up here in the mountains and damn right Cali will become exotic.... Oh to see a real beach front trailer-park....

:t

and yes Jefe - Cali is on a short list of place I am eager to visit - any want to donate some $$$ to the "Get Willer out of the Snow" fund???

Vince,

I think the most important reason will be that you'll have chance to TRULY understand the best reason to hold your breath underwater.... Spearfishing!

Rig,

Uhhh, get a copy of Cliff's thesaurus and you'll be fine. :blackeye

Anderson

rig, i use to live in kanasas (alright, i'll wait for the laughter to die down)... so i have met people from mississippi (sorry, you wont be the first)

Stephan, if that doesnt kill my chances it might just work...

as for anderson's dissertation idea, that might be interesting, although he knows that i only plan on getting my master's :t (if i get into uni at all)

exotic places ha ha ha, that might work... now i just have to wait until he comes back...

Hey Vince
Tell him to think back when he was your age and some of the things he wanted to try.
Hmmmmmmmmm........ On second thought that might not be a good idea.
Aloha
Bill

Kansas Vince...Damn that is waaayy up north...Yankee's
Dont worry about the jokes...I'm really a reverse transplant. While most people get older and move to Florida, I get older and move away.

Thesarus? Is that the dinosaur with the big teeth?

Man, beachfront trailer parks...seems like the only time you can move up to those fancy lots around here is right after a hurricanerofl

if kanasas i way up north, then whats canada>?

i thought that Thesarus was the one with the spikes on it back that ate all the plants..

bill, thats an excellent idea... he's told me a couple of stories...

i should be allowed to go now... these are fool proof (havent i heard that before :duh )

Hey guys - anyone else worried that we won't be able to get near Sven at KK'03 due to his Karma reaching far too high levels...:hmm

I suppose I better start looking at removing the feature now :naughty :waterwork

Just kidding

Yeah, wasn't he the one that was bitching about it when it first came out? Now, I wouldn't put it past him to trade in his riffe's for euros!

Just remember that if we're all treated like his butler monkeys, he'll be shipped back to Jersey on the first train out. (inside joke for the kk02'ers).

Anderson

Originally posted by andrsn
Yeah, wasn't he the one that was bitching about it when it first came out? Now, I wouldn't put it past him to trade in his riffe's for euros!
Indeed!

I really do get annoyed when people don't stick to their guns :naughty :hmm

(Just kidding Sven )

Originally posted by andrsn
Yeah, wasn't he the one that was bitching about it when it first came out?

Nope. That was me getting agro about the shitferbrains that didn't have the stones to sign their karma. Monkeyboy... :hmm

And yeah, I'm gonna put all my Riffe, JBL and homegrown gear up on ebay, get some euro :girlie crap and with the money I have leftover, I'm gonna pop for everybody at KK03. Yeah...:t

Now you two ingrates please leave the throneroom whilst I commence my next proclamation to my minnions...:king

sven

KK03 vocabulary

Seeing as how there will be some DB members in attendance from areas where English is not the spoken language, (the UK, Oregon and Louisiana come to mind...), your Sultan of Smooth and Lover of Linguistics has put together a little list to help you along. I'm here for ya.

Those of you helpful types out there that want to help out with additions, knock yourselves out.

hottie- a good lookin' person of the opposite sex, as in "Did you see the hottie Sven was dancin with last night??! WOW!"

sled- as in a plush boat with all the fixin's. see also Tiara 32.

euro gun- see sissy :girlie

sissy- see euro gun :t

luckout- as in "Anderson may luckout and get a decent fish".

barge- a slow or dumpy boat. also used to describe a girl of large size, as in "Did you catch a look at the barge that Mike was hitting on last night??"

da kine- Pidgin and or Hawaiian for the best. See also RIFFE.

tools- any number of pieces of gear Sven rolls up with. Also used to describe a gathering of Oregonians at the Dairy Queen on a Saturday evening.

plugged- to fill the boat with your catch or the act of consumating your evening's relationship, as in, "Did you see the barge that Aquiles' plugged last night?" rofl

tip- the pointy thing at thend of the spear and what you give to the hottie waitress you hope to plug. :chatup

smooth- see Sven. see also Jay when he shows up with the big fish of the show, just as the Sun sets below the azure seas, it's fading light casting orange and red spears to the heavens... (Man! That was sweeet!)

hurl- to lob ones meal over the side due to sea state or tequila intake. :yack

chum- see hurl.

bait- see hurl and chum. also used to describe an underaged hottie. sigh...

blow- a big wind or the act of taking a breather or rest. see also hottie.

floater- the bouyant line that attaches to your spear or gun to help you retrieve it when your fish say's "later days." also used to describe the flotsam from a boats head being flushed.

head- the bathroom. Or loo or WC (Water Closet). see also hottie and blow.

line- the string used to attach the spear to your gun and/or float. also a series of words or phrases used on hotties and barges as the evening wears on...

swivel- the shiny little doodad that keeps your line all nice and tangle free. also used to describe the smoothly executed turn in a Cuban Slide . Trust me.

trigger- the thing you pull to launch your spear. also the phrase (s) sure to set Sven off, as in, "Hey, ol' man!"

mullet- a small silvery fish and a popular haircut in most of the US's South and East coast trailerparks.

whilst- go figure, but it sounds pretty cool and the Boss here likes it.

kit- euro :girlie for gear. also used for a small cat. see bait.

Glad I could help.

sven

Last edited:
Reactions: unirdna and andrsn
A consumate compilation , oh contentious one ...
You missed this one :
Woodie - type of gun used in lesser evolved societies where metallurgy is poorly understood ; also applicable on sighting a hottie .

Add one more...

Pop's- see Sven; also, what ones nose does upon calling
Sven "Pop's"

Hey sven,

You were dancin with a hottie? Was that before or after the beer goggles went on? Remember a barge can be transformed to a hatteras given the right amnount of spirits. Remember when that happens, you can put the tip of your tool into something that looks dakine and swivels, but afterwards looks and smells like bait!

Aquiles

Reactions: andrsn
CHUM - what your friend becomes when you need somebody to "Take one" for the team (see also - Medal of Honor, Jumping on the Grenade, etc.)

you boys got Nothing! Wait till TEAM NORTH COAST shows those Florida ladies what the GREAT WHITE NORTH is all about!

Beeeeee- ATCH!

haha - spearfishing from the Ghetto....

Wilelr

Hey, I think M-2 has the floor for defining chum, thank you. :t

I'm still scratching my head as to how we're going to pair everyone up, now. Should we draw from a hat? Or, pick/solicit one another?

I was thinking that we could separate the riffes from the euros, but then sven would be by himself, so that wouldn't work. :t But, word has it that Sven goes beyond feeding fish. I think a few of us should keep an eye on him at all times. This just came in from a source in Italy. It's a pic taken during a tournament Sven had won...

Crikey! Wack a white beard in the old guy in the pic and we a camo suit Santa Clause..

Hi Sven.... :blackeye :crutch

Andrsn...do you guys "pull the throats" off mutton snapper? If not and it is anything like red snapper throats and large mangrove throats you are in for a treat in April...you might have been throwing away the best part of the fish all along...ugh, I meant to say you wont like that...its nasty. Here, I'll take that and get rid of it for you

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…