• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2james 3rd annual keys kraze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I live in the Keys (sugarloaf) and it sounds like it might be an educational experience to hook up with you guys when you are in these parts. I'm just getting started and could use a few pointers on the whole hand feeding technique. Some of the fish down here could use a little fattening up.:hmm

Thanks for remembering boys. Yep, one year older and one year wiser :) Whatever the hell that means.:) I wish I was seventeen again. That way 16 year old girls don't get me put in jail. MAybe I should not post thi......................................

Thanks again

Aquiles

Originally posted by Stephan Whelan
Ever have someone who has never freedived, let alone doing any spearo orientated activity walk away with the Kraze Cup?

You never know - might be a first time... :naughty :D

aww, c'mon stephan! i think jay styron and sven are the '03 hopefuls, and my grandma still seems to have a better shot at the title! rofl :D rofl :blackeye

:t
anderson

Phew.......I could almost hear another crack at me coming on that last one Anderson! Don't let them intimidate you Stephan. Won't they be embarrassed if you out do 'em even once! It's good to be the underdog!
:D

-Mike

jay, don't you know mike's awfully sensitive about being called babe these days? :confused:

and, i wouldn't go as far as labeling your antics last year as a "poor showing"; that mutton late in the game was pretty impressive. :king

andrsn

Sorry-forgot about his sensitive side:t Yea I was a little slow out of the gate but at least I got something to keep up w/ the crew in the end, although I think you were in a respectiable lead w/ that king. Hopefully this year I'll get one that nice.:p
Jay

Originally posted by Aquiles
I wish I was seventeen again. That way 16 year old girls don't get me put in jail. MAybe I should not post thi......................................

:inlove >> :chatup

ha ha ha :t :t :t rofl :D :D

well, what can i say, its good to be young

:wave

Any update on your "eligibility" status Vince? The closer this thing gets the farther away it seems....maybe its just the cold?

let the smack begin!

Originally posted by andrsn
i think jay styron and sven are the '03 hopefuls

Don't sweat it, Mike, I have a feeling Anderson's gonna be pulling something outta his sensitive side... :waterwork

I look at it this way Stephan- I'm coming from the complete opposite side of the rock, am wearing less than half the suit I usually have on, a third of the lead, can see ten times as far as usual, and have at least a couple years on most of those slated to be there. The point being that I'm screwed... So what's my plan? Simple! Show up, kick some ass, probably get mine booted, avoid triple digit drops to a nothing bottom and laugh. A bunch. And if I totally luck into a nice snappah, to grill it with lemon, butter and garlic. Smoothly.

(After I take a picture where I hold it in front of my forearms at arms length from my torso! ;) It's an old National's champ thing ;)

So, it's all good.

S'appinin Jay-man?

Start buffing the crown kids! :king (man I know that'll come back on me...)

sven

Last edited:
Originally posted by rigdvr
Any update on your "eligibility" status Vince? The closer this thing gets the farther away it seems....maybe its just the cold?

still working on my dad...
now his argument is that he doesnt think it reasonable to let me go to florida alone and spearfish being that i am a minor :rcard

apparently this being young stuff has down sides also, damn

oh, and he still doesnt want me to miss a week of school

eventually he will wear down (i hope, i pray..)

vince, please tell me you got my email!? :confused:

i sent you my phone# and the whole bit on what to tell your dad. it was a "no fail" way to get you to go. :D

anderson

that is a tough argument you are having to make Vince...show some initiative, like going to school teachers and getting assignment ahead of time so that you will not fall behind, definately want to show mucho maturity and the ability to think ahead here...best wishes and good luck

Oh this is entertaining. Don't worry Sven I ain't sweatin nothin! :D All the noise is fun now, but it will be more fun in a few months. Like I told Stephan, we're the rookies. Nobody expects us to do anything. Then again if we do well, somebody else might be embarrassed.

-Mike

And as for Anderson's 'sensitive side'........ he can always go sit in a pile of snow when he gets home to ice it down. Winter in Colorado goes until what, June? July?

rofl

anderson, yes i got your email, and no-fail in the normal world means aboslutly nothing in the real world of my family...
my dad is away for a little while so i get some time to formulate a better argument

Originally posted by thin_air
my dad is away for a little while so i get some time to formulate a better argument
You could always tell him that Sven now has a "quivering mountain" of karma and Anderson has "big boffo" of karma...

...and if he looks at you strange say we're all nice normal people here :hmm

Vince,

Tell him everyone's tremendously talented and educated and you just want to get a better idea about what to do your dissertation on when you go for you PhD! :D Tell him it IS school related!

Anderson :cool:
DB's back-to-caps boy. :D

Originally posted by andrsn
Vince,
Tell him everyone's tremendously talented and educated

And you're sure I'm invited?
Don't forget it says MISSISSIPPI under my name! Vince, tell him you get to meet people from all over...like when else are you going to meet someone from Mississippi??? :)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT