• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2nd Mediterranean Freediving Meeting

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If someone would be interested I just uploaded couple of pics from this competition at: Freediving pictures - 05 Sougia again

First day is done and Stavros may put some results at his site. Johan Dahlstrom tried to get a new Scandinavian record (101 m) but blacked out on the surface with the tag. Guillaume did really nice dive without fins and William Wnram hurt his knee in the boat. This tiny accident cost his dive as he had to turn early because of his knee. Actually may other divers turned earlier too...

- kimmo

Thanx Kimmo for the pictures and the update.
Looks like very good conditions there today. What's the reason for so many people turning early? Did you party too much?

Thanks Guilliaume and Anna for the great blogging!
Kimmo thanks for you nice photo's I'm looking forward to you next series!

And 90 meters in 20 seconds ascend rate is... very fast; 4,5m/s

Oh and how are the Russians doing?
Is Sara Campbell in the race?

I hope for more good weather for you people!

Thanks, Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Second day is done and new announcements is ongoing. I also uploaded results and startlists (what I had) at: Index of /Sougia

Anna was also after national variable record today (she might tell something in her blog possible about it) but this time attempt was a bit short as she turned early.

Conditions were perfect today and regarding weathercast this will continue. So no current and no wind = waves. This feels like a holiday. And this may mean that there will be some nice results tomorrow too (I try to upload them at same place)

I can also say that Stavros is extremely busy while running this circus here so I try to help him a bit :)

- kimmo

ps. I just uploaded some new pics at Freediving pictures - 05 Sougia again if somebody is interested

Wow!
DaveT keep going mate you will get there! George well done! Liv keep at it you spack!

I am jealous as always, but had my first dive in 7 months on Sunday - going back this weelend!
Johan - shit mate you are flying now - becoming a man with triple figures!! (ok there was a BO but you will get there!)

Sara - How are things going? I am intrigued. All the best to all of you and remember that some of us are stuck in sweaty classrooms with bored kids!
I want to dive!!!

Hey Dave!

I wish you were here with us man, fantastic conditions !!!
You know what? I might be diving little bit deeper in Malta this year .. :t

Dive Safe

Hi,

I just uploaded results from day 3 at: Index of /Sougia (same address as earlier). Pictures I had to skip because I was in the water as a judge whole day.

Guillaume did French record 72 m in CNF (pretty well indeed if we think how much he have trained this discipline so far) and Stavros did 111 m variable record for Greece.

Regarding some rumors Anna may try her neational record attempt tomorrow again...

- kimmo

Wow, Jakob Hansen and Jesper Stechmann on 80m!
and Rune hallum on 60m (his first depth competition...) Where will this end?

And Mr. Nery is just in an other league...

Some new pics at the same place as earlier. Anna did at the morning 90 meters variable. Congratulations Anna for new German record! And this is just a resting day :)
Competition will continue on tomorrow and Saturday.

- kimmo

Reactions: Jorg
Kimmo, great photos! wish I was there... but have to wait for 2 more weeks.

Were can I find the results? Does anybody know?

Another day in a office back again. New French record in CNF for Guillaume: 75 m. Nice dives also from others and official results I will upload at the same place as earlier when they will be published later on today. Pictures are although already at the web: freediving.pictures.fi (incl Guillaumes dive).

Update 18:17 Crete time. Results are out: http://freediving.pictures.fi/Sougia/

- kimmo

Last edited:
Wow the Danes are going deep!

75m for Guilliaume, wow just 13m from the WR ;)

Thanks Kimmo for your regular updates and very nice photo's! They are at times a nice exercise 'recognise the athlete'.

Kars

Wow! Jesper Stechmann and Jakob Hansen on 85m! Will they try to beat the old national Record (Timo Jattu, 90m, 2005) as their last dive? or will they do a FIM /CNF...?

And note the two new guys Rune Hallum (63m - CWT) and Christian Møller (58m - CNF)

I wonder if also Stig Severinsens CNF on61m (2003) will be under attack tomorrow?

And big congrats to Guillaume Nery - has Will Trubigde found a challenger?

Its wonderful to "watch" freediving in ones sofa waiting for small news on blogs, webpages and facebookupdates to piece together the full picture of every day´s competition...

When will these wonderful competitions be transmitted live?

Morten

Last edited:
Another day on back. This time we had a regular conditions like some current and nice waves. New national record for Denmark in CW and it strongly looks like that Guillaume may take a 1st position at mens comp and womens price may go for Liv. Although this is just a speculation at this point. Official results will be out in about couple of hours.

Safety worked smoothly and also today they saved some lives, incl, one deep BO in hard conditions.

As the weather was a bit bumpy today I had to be in the water when my spare judge got a sea sickness, again :) So I had no time for pictures this time. But I might go for spearfihing with safety guys later today and there I will shoot with my camera.

- kimmo

Reactions: apneaboy
Kimmo,

this is torture! Whow? Where? When? How deep? What is going on... you can't leave us like this...

Ok, SMS connection is working:

Jesper 91m NR
Anna 60m NR

Both CWT. I'm very happy for both of them!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT