• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

300lb yellow fin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
They will lose their bouyancy at depth. You have to keep fractionating the bouys as a huge one at front of setup would put too much strain on shooting gear and it would snap. You would need reinforced everything if you went down this route.

Using this sort of gear might affect the performance of your gun as thick stainless wite would be needed as shooting line.

You need a few smaller foam filled floats and maybe at the end a real large one to ensure kit is not lost in vast ocean.

Another problem I have is that there will be at least 600m deep water under me which gives tuna plenty of directions to run in. If it dies real deep we are going to have to haul it up :(

Just a few of the logistical nightmares I have been trying to overcome

Man, it sounds more complicated than AIDA rules! If I wasn't so tied down here I'd come and document the whole thing with my camera! Good lck though and naturalmente you'll keep us posted :)

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT