• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

40 KG Grouper MY Pride & JOY

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Here is the right thread :duh

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=52143"]50 kg grouper[/ame]

Here is a one of the pics that i have not posted, thats my brother in the pic :wave

Last edited:
here are some more Hamour, 3 different kinds

Last edited:
send me an email before you get here, we'll work something out
cheers

Nesim are those gorupers you shoot taste good?

Are they all taste more or less same? or some taste better than others? We have two diffferent kind of groupers here, dusky and pointed nose groupers. I wonder if you ever eat dusky grouper i am keen to hear comparision about the taste of our groupers compared to other grouper species in world. Since you had many groupers there, should i assumer they don't taste as great as like their's brother in med. here?

Hi Murat,
Groupers taste very different from one species to another even different sizes of the same species taste very different.
I agree with you that groupers out of the Med taste so much better than the ones out of the arabian gulf.
I am not so sure why, but i assume water temprature and diet play a big role.
The best size for grouper is about 3-5 kg, after that the meat gets a bit hard ...
the small red/browns ones in the picture have the most soft meat, almost like butter...
I personally preffer trivali, king fish, snappers and bream over grouper in this part of the world...

aaaaahhh that's where we all have different tastes :)
i do also fish in the med, i caught seveeral groupers last summer (dusky) the biggest was 7kg. The reddish/brown ones in the red sea (locally known as nagel) are the most tasty groupers ever, like butter as nessim says, best size for me is the 2-4 kg range.
When i'm in the mood for med fish, my favourites are the bream and sea bass.

Hiya

Nesim, nice catch!!! Post some more pic's PLEASE!!!!:D:D:D

Regards
miles

Marwan,

Awesome grouper man!!!! I only dream about them things until I go home again!! Thanks for helping me to live vicariously through your sucess!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT