• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

4th Dutch Apnea Open

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pim

freediving maniac
Mar 3, 2002
The website is up and running; registration is OPEN go and check www.dutchapneaopen.com for more info. We will update the website constantly with new/more info.

Grtzzzz,
Pim

Hi all,

Little more than a week from now we will all meet again and have a lot of fun freediving. The pool is magnificant and we will spend the complete weekend there! Join in for training on Saturday and get a glimpse of the DNF National Record Relay. On Sunday you can freedive in crystal clear pool water. 7 judges are available to "keep an eye on you", we will have 6 static lanes and 4 dynamic lanes rofl

After the competition: time for dinner, prizes and a lottery with things you really need to bring home with you! You will not believe what all of you can win, even if you don't make it to place 1, 2 or 3!

Did you know this is also the Dutch Championships? Who will be the best freediver (male and female) in our country????

Come and watch (this is for free!) or compete (3 days to register left!)

I am starting to get exited already

Susan :wave

Hi athletes,

With our 2 new sponsors (Blue-consult and Sea-Doo seascooters) we extend the prizes and we can offer, besides our already big list, several 'environmental friendly' prizes that will be revealed by Stig Avall Severinsen during the prize ceremony and a Sea-Doo seascooter GTI!!!!! Only 2 days of registration left, check www.dutchapneaopen.com!!!! Wednesday night all AP's will be online, do not miss it.

note; under sponsors and/or faqs you can find more how to win these prizes....

Grtzzzzz Pim

4th Dutch Apnea Open REGISTRATION CLOSED, AP online

Hi all,

We closed registration and also from now it is not possible to change AP's ....who and what our athletes announced is as of this minute online on www.dutchapneaopen.com!

Keep visiting regularly as we will be updating through the weekend and during competition we update results real-time.

Grtzzzz,
Pim
www.freediveshop.nl

I can't remember the last time I saw a comp in-list with so many nationalities represented, that wasn't a world championship!

Best of luck Pim, Susan and crew, i'm sure it'll be fantastic.

By the way i'm really pissed off with you too - before I went to the UK in 2005 I was sitting in Australia reading about the Dutch freediving competition in Eindhoven in Dec 2005, I was going to make that my first freediving competition. I was all excited and then it got cancelled. Three years later i'm back in Australia and you buggers put it back on again :vangry What, do I smell or something? :D

Cheers,
Ben

I can't remember the last time I saw a comp in-list with so many nationalities represented, that wasn't a world championship!

Best of luck Pim, Susan and crew, i'm sure it'll be fantastic.

By the way i'm really pissed off with you too - before I went to the UK in 2005 I was sitting in Australia reading about the Dutch freediving competition in Eindhoven in Dec 2005, I was going to make that my first freediving competition. I was all excited and then it got cancelled. Three years later i'm back in Australia and you buggers put it back on again :vangry What, do I smell or something? :D

Cheers,
Ben

.... sh*t Ben; is it that obvious and we were thinking 'Benny will never find the true reason for the absense of the Dutch Apnea Open' because indeed after meeting in Nice I guess we had enough Benny rofl

cheers mate hopefully we can catch up :friday somewhere

Grtzzzz Pim

day 1 will soon begin! first official top on 18:15 (CET) but that is for the DNF National Record Relay 2008.....12 athletes going in no-fins to the max of their ability!

we try to post an article on www.dutchapneaopen.com a.s.a.p. after the last dive. Tomorrow results will be placed online after every dive!!!!

Grtzzzz Pim (hyperrrrrrr roflrofl)

Go Adel!!!! (adolphin) - we are all cheering for you from here in Abu Dhabi!!!!! :friday :friday

Static results are up. A huge static from Ulf Dextegen 8.17.

HUGE congratulations to Georgina Miller for coming 1st in the ladies!!! So proud of you!

Looking forward to the dynamic results (if I can stay up that late, it's 10pm here and dunno when they're due to start.

Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers,
Ben

Great job Mikko! 7:31 is like 33 s from a Finnish NR, but that you know already :)

I´m really waiting for the DYN results ;) ...

Adel has won the 1st National record for the United Arab Emirates, ever!!!!! Whoooo hooooooo go adolphin! Good luck for the dyn mate :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you Sara !!!
This competition was fantastic !! nicely organized and as a national open it seems it was really big, thank you very much Pim and Susan for this and for being so patient with a newbie .. :D

I hope Sara that those numbers will be enough for kicking in the freediving competition spirit in the UAE, we'll have to work on the media to make awareness for freediving safety so a stronger move towards the sport in the right way happens-insha'allah .. :) thanks to all your efforts with that.

Being new to this, things went in a direction where I had to do the DYN with only 30 seconds breath up to the OT !! well I mean really 30 sec, I had to run to the pool entry point, put my gear on, get into the water and 30 sec is announced, do a couple of breaths and go. the interesting thing is that the same exactly happened with the DNF the day before, 30 sec also !!!! .. so, YESSS to the hard dynamic tables we do in training .. :D .. of course in next competition I'll be aware of this issue and get a proper relaxed start.

Thanks eric
Well done Brian two national record there if we get Aida ireland set up.

I had an awesome time this sunday.
It was my first competition, so everything was new and amazing!
Seeing all the different freedivers from all over the world do the (to me) most incredible distances and times is awe-inspiring.

A big thank you to the organisers (and Nanja, Eric and Mark for the dozens of tips, hints, coaching and big confidence boosts throughout the day!)

Hi Jarno,

Nice to read you had a great day, so did we! It was nice to see so many Dutch competitors!

If any of the athletes or coaches made pictures, we would love to receive a copy for our website, where we will soon publish more news and maybe even a preliminary date for the 5th Dutch Apnea Open in 2009....

Susan

Big thanks to everyone in 4th Dutch Apnea Open, especially to the organizers and the crew! It was a very well organized competition with great conditions. Everything worked perfectly and there were so many nice freedivers from around the world.

After the competition I had a couple of days to tour around Netherlands and I think it's my favorite country now. There are so many beautiful cities, like Amsterdam, Maastricht and of course Eindhoven!

I'm waiting for the 5th Dutch Apnea Open!

Mikko

Last edited:
Reactions: Goran Colak
I agree, it was indeed a great competition. Big congratulations to all the new national record holders! And congratulations to those competing in their first competition! It was great meeting both new and old friends.

Blogposts about the competition: www.elisabethfreediver.blogspot.com

If I will not go the Nemo I'll publish other photo's before Monday.

Attachments

• mwiners.jpg
    mwiners.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 147
  • wwiners.jpg
    wwiners.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 156
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT