• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

4th Dutch Apnea Open

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thank you Sara !!!
This competition was fantastic !! nicely organized and as a national open it seems it was really big, thank you very much Pim and Susan for this and for being so patient with a newbie .. :D

I hope Sara that those numbers will be enough for kicking in the freediving competition spirit in the UAE, we'll have to work on the media to make awareness for freediving safety so a stronger move towards the sport in the right way happens-insha'allah .. :) thanks to all your efforts with that.

Being new to this, things went in a direction where I had to do the DYN with only 30 seconds breath up to the OT !! well I mean really 30 sec, I had to run to the pool entry point, put my gear on, get into the water and 30 sec is announced, do a couple of breaths and go. the interesting thing is that the same exactly happened with the DNF the day before, 30 sec also !!!! .. so, YESSS to the hard dynamic tables we do in training .. :D .. of course in next competition I'll be aware of this issue and get a proper relaxed start.

Congratulations Mate!!! Abu Dhabi has now a national record as an inspirations for all the newbie here in UAE. You have my support!!!

hi everyone, I've placed my photos online at

yugyugyug/4th Dutch Apnea Open - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Congrats to all the winners and record breakers (17 national records!) - it was my first comp and I really enjoyed it.

this is me preparing for my dynamic

DSC01310.JPG

Diver takes plunge in a national first - The National Newspaper

Article from UAE newspaper about Adel (adolphin)

:D :D

Go boy!! We need more Emiratis as well, if anyone is interested in joining us :)

Thank you Sara! .. very nice words indeed .. but hey, Roland made me an instructor candidate !!! .. and made the 4th Dutch Open a World Chiampionship .. jornalism can't escape adding some spices to the articles eeh .. rofl

I wish all of the Abu Dhabi freediving team were able to attend and participate in this competition, but next year for sure !!!

Reactions: island_sands
I agree, it was indeed a great competition. Big congratulations to all the new national record holders! And congratulations to those competing in their first competition! It was great meeting both new and old friends.

Blogposts about the competition: Elisabeth Kristoffersen - Bits and parts from my world below

Thanks for the encouragement Elisabeth .. and congratulations to you for coming first in the women division !!! .. and congratulations to Mikko too, you guys and gals were fantastic .. :) .. it was both pleasure and honor to participate with you all.

hi everyone, I've placed my photos online at

yugyugyug/4th Dutch Apnea Open - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Congrats to all the winners and record breakers (17 national records!) - it was my first comp and I really enjoyed it.

this is me preparing for my dynamic

DSC01310.JPG

Guy! .. thank you very much mate!! .. those clips and pics are awesome .. can I use some of them please ?

It shows how unselfish you are, most of the pics and clips are for others, I could hardly see a pic or video clip of Guy himself .. :) .. I wish I had a camera with me to take more nice pics of you, but next event for sure -insha'allah.

Congrats on the 86 DNF !! that was amazing!

I felt so comfortable (so much at home I would say) when I saw you there at the registration! .. it was great time , hope to see you soon mate!

Hi there,

I would just like to inform you all that slowly we are placing pictures and reports online of the 4th Dutch Apnea Open and the DNF National Record Relay 2008...simply check www.dutchapneaopen.com for more updates.

If you want your pictures seen, mail them to me or send me a link so I can place them online for you. Soon we start with uploading clips.....:friday

Grtzzzzzz,
Pim

Guy! .. thank you very much mate!! .. those clips and pics are awesome .. can I use some of them please ?

sure you can use them, as can anyone on this thread, but please give me a photography credit if its for a publication....

ditto it was great to see you too at the comp - it made me realise how freedving is a small world, and thats a beautiful thing. Of course I want the sport to grow but its great that we are at a moment when even relative beginners can compete directly with world record holders and even become record holders themselves (nice one adel :) )

Congratulations Peter, nice style I think you've worked hard on that one, great video, and cool music too. It looked like you could have turned and gone beyond the 150.

Until the next competition!

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Yeah that's true Kars. I felt really good and I was surprised it went so 'easy'. But I had a goal, the first Dutchman who obtain the 150 meter.

I will save the best for 2009 :martial

Ciao Peter

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT