• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

5th AIDA World Freediving Championship, Egypt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BennyB

will freedive for beer
Sep 25, 2004
There was a lot of talk about this event many months ago, particularly in relation to the entrance fee. In the last few months there's been absolutely nothing, not a peep from anybody.

Is the event still on track? Are AIDA Nationals sorting out their teams? Are people getting excited? I hope to be attending this year, who else is keen?

I sent an email using their official email address and never got a reply, that was 3 - 4 months ago. :-(

Officially everything is still on track but I still don't know of anyone who is definitely going

Anyone out there paid the entrance fee and on the list? Interested as its two weeks vacation that needs to be booked in... soon......

I tried to get in touch with the organiser a few days ago about the potential to set up a paypal account for the comp (international transfers are stupidly expensive), but haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone have a more direct email other than the one on the comp website?

You don't have to pay with the first part of the registration which is due at the end of August (Intent to Participate), payment is required with the second stage which is the end of Sept I believe. So based on that I would imagine teams will start sending in their forms soon.

A little thing, but the form is in PDF so it's a bit hard to email the form back with Yes/No ticked off and the details filled in. Maybe they could do a MS Word version.

Other than that, the website looks well organised. Hope things are still on track.

Cheers,
Ben

Hia all,
just letting you know, Greece has registered teams (M & F) and as far as I have heard Canada has also registered.
So come on out :t ...who else is going :friday

Cheers Stavros

The entire NZ men's team (me) has registered, along with an equally potent women's team (Nikki). We are so confident in thrashing everybody we haven't bothered to include excess team members :martial

Australia has registered.

Now all we need is a team....

Good luck to all you people who have registered.... feel lucky! I wanted to go, but I was about $57,850 short of covering the registration fee.

Reactions: oferdegi
efattah said:
I wanted to go, but I was about $57,850 short of covering the registration fee.
Did Canada have a team of 100 freedivers ready to go to compete there? :D

I think Eric meant the cost for one athlete (at 470) and a support team of 155 people (at 370).

Cheers Stavros

PS. Just kidding :)

I meant the amount of my debt + registration fee ! I need to pay off my debt (higher priority) than paying the registration fee...

Ok, so we have been assured that it is still going ahead.....

Another snag, on the website it says you get a 75 euro discount if you register by September 30, trouble is the registration form and payment details don't actually exist on the website ? (Well at least I can't find it)
Says to download Step2 Registration form on this page??? :-
http://www.apneaegypt.com/registration.html

Can anyone else find it or is it just me ?

Stage 2 Registration is now online

http://www.apneaegypt.com/downloads/Registration_Step_2.pdf

It looks like they've extended the discount date - the following line is in the registration form:

Please remember in order to take advantage of the discount we must have received your payment no later than the deadline of October 16, 2006! If you miss that deadline you will need to transfer the total amount (without a discount) no later than the final registration deadline of November 2, 2006

Cheers,
Ben

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT