• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

83 Cnf - New Wr

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Billextreme

Grand Marshal
Dec 19, 2001
Martin STEPANEK did it....

83m CNF, New World Record!!

Dive time: 3'28"

/B

Last edited:
I WILL also start training. I think I have given the other guys enough of a headstart.

Well done Martin - this makes the CNF discpline more interesting.

Sebastian

Congratulations Martin!

Does anyone know if during training he broke William Trubridge's unofficial 85m dive?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if during training he broke William Trubridge's unofficial 85m dive?
I read the Czech news, but although they are full of interesting and funny stories, this information is not there. They write for example that they were all arrested already several times, and released against a bribe (ransom), during the days they are there. The first time it was because they had to use two anchors due to agitated sea, while having permission for one only - they stayed in the prison almost an entire day. Another time, the Dahab police managed to dig out an ancient law prohibiting underwater photography and again arrested them, because of course, they had UW photographers with them. Well, there is much more fun there, but they do not seem to be troubled by it too much.

However, due to the weather the last days, they could not train out of Blue Hole, so it is pretty sure Martin did not go deeper than the bottom (although they considered that digging the hole a few meters deeper would be a good solution). They write the CWT, FIM, and VWT records had to be canceled due to the whether - as I mentioned diving is currently possible inside the Blue Hole only, but the depth is not sufficient for those disciplines. From the report it is not clear though if it is a definitive or a temporary decision (I hope that the weather improves).

They also write that Martin did a 30s photo posing after descending to 90m depth, but I do not assume it was without fins. From some previous record attempts I know though, that Martin usually does deeper dives in training than announced performance - just to be sure he can do it even if the conditions are not perfect. I have no such information from this attempt though, so that's a plain speculation from my side.

And yes, of course: Congrats, Martin!!! Amazing!

Last edited:
Skvele, Martine. :)

That 30sec stop at 90m was done with mono.

Last edited:
Awesome, congratulations Martin. I hope the weather clears up for the other attempts for Niki and yourself.

Cheers,
Ben

Congratulations Martin.

Martin se pokusí o:
Disciplínu konstantní váha bez ploutví – 83 metrů
Disciplínu konstantní váha s ploutvemi – 112 metrů – je pro špatné počasí zatím zrušena
Free immersion - 107 metrů - – je pro špatné počasí zatím zrušena

Niki:
Konstatní váha bez ploutví – 56 metrů
Variabilní váha –123 metrů – je pro špatné počasí zatím zrušena

..........I think they canceled these other attempts only temporary

Last edited:
OK, here goes the translation:

Martin's attempts:
CNF - 83 (done)
CWF - 112 - due the bad weather postponed
FIM - 107 - due the bad weather postponed

Niki's:
CNF - 56
VWT - 123 - due the bad weather postponed

The problem is they do not write in Czech the other records were postponed, they write they were cancelled. Well they tell provisorily / temporarily cancelled (zrušeno in Czech), but it definitely sounds worse than if they wrote postponed (odloženo). Though seeing they they are apparently not coming back yet (AFAIK), I assume there is indeed a chance they'll do some more deep training and the record attempts if the weather allows it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT