• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

a funny (peta related)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I dont find this funny at all, there is no attempt at humor in the video. Its just a ignorant, obese man going on a rant with flawed logic.

Well I think he is being serious, but that is no reason what he is saying can't be funny. I my country we would call it 'taking the piss'.rofl PETA make themselves appear fools and do nothing but reinforce the belief of the fur wearers/ animal testers/ leather shoe wearers that the protesters are passionate but stupid.
PETA's message may be a little extreme but I agree with them to a certain extent. I still think they are way on the loopy side.

"Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light"

I dont find this funny at all, there is no attempt at humor in the video. Its just a ignorant, obese man going on a rant with flawed logic.

a hunter, spearfisherman, and lifelong carnivore, I find anything that goes againts PETA a wonderful thing.

now now, don't get your panties in a bunch, poking fun at his weight or calling his logic flawed won;t change the fact it's a pretty well put together rant :D

I don't find it particularly funny.

PETA do a lot of good work - what's this guy tring to achieve?

"chickens have no use exept for food" - do humans have a purpose then?

Doubtless I'll get slated by meat eaters for my view that all life is valuable but I think it's a shame that so many freedivers are inspired by eastern practices such as yoga and buddhism to help them dive but they do not follow the ethics of these philosophies.

you're joking right? rofl

some nice light reading.... PETA Kills Animals | PetaKillsAnimals.com

PETA's site for it's ban on fishing FishingHurts.com

this is a spearfishing forum after all....

'light reading' I assume that is sarcastic.

I had not seen that website - I find it hard to believe, perhaps some peta members are hyppocrites but I belive that most are not. Perhaps one or two members did that without the consent of the others.
If that is true then it would go against the views of most peta members.

That makes very sad reading for me, but at the end of the day it changes nothing.

PETA is pretty much tipped over into the realm of psychosis. Some of their add compaigns targeting children are absolutely obscene and psychologically abusive. The fact that these campaigns were launched nationally by PETA does not support the argument that a 'few go overboard'. These adds are sanctioned at the top levels of Peta. They actually published a comic book in which they characterized Children's fathers who fish as sadistic murders and encouraged children to hide their pets from them because daddy might decide to kill your dog too!

ALL of the spearos I know are very environmentally conscious and enter into the underwater realm with respect and focus. I am sure there are exceptions, but this has been my experience. Not all yogis, buddhists etc. are vegetarian. In fact Tibetan Buddhists, for example, often are not. In the deeper levels of these and other traditions diet is a function of time, place and person.

Part of the problem with PETA is that these people are just beginning to realize that other life forms have intelligence and awareness. The undeveloped understanding is then launching them into a kind of sentimental hysteria wherein they project psychologically all over the natural world. Essentially it is just another form of violence.

Last edited:
Oh dear - I didn't realise this had been moved to the hunting forum.

It's not really the place for a compassionate person like me!

In what way are the ads obsene and abusive? - I've not really seen many but they seem reasonable to me (the ones I have seen).

do a google image search for "PETA Holocaust on Your Plate".

these adds are so offensive I will not link them directly.

I am a hunter, an avid fisherman, and conservationalist. I activly suppost enviromental, conservation and animal protection projects. I do not include PETA in any of these. SPCA on the other hand, for the most part, I support.

I think the more sympathetic people are educated about misguided movements such as PETA, the more they are in a better position to actually HELP the causes they feel strongly about.

I'm off to a job now, I will wear my leather boots, belt, and fur lined leather jacket. all renewable resources....

Ease up Freediver7, there's no need to flame people for having an opinion.

Depending on where you live in the world, PETA can present themselves quite differently. Some people simply think PETA are a harmless group that only protest against wearing fur, because their only exposure to PETA has been magazine ads with Pamela Anderson and a couple of models posing nude. They may not have seen the reality of what PETA really are.

I am the biggest carnivore I know, but if people don't want to eat meat for any reason I respect their decision. I don't go around questioning their vegetarianism, or asking them if they take pills with gelcaps or use film in their camera or any of the other hidden uses of meat products.

As far as i'm concerned, protesting against animal cruelty practices and PETA are two completely separate entities. PETA are terrorists under the guise of animal protection. Any group that condones digging up and desecrating dead relatives of farmers, throwing acid in the faces of pharmaceutical employees on their way to work, continually spread lies and false information and encourages violence against people are terrorists, pure and simple.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT