• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Aeris F.11. Info Leak :)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello guys (and girls :) ), do someone have any information about new "Oceanic F11"?
Have someone seen it, used it...?

I'm going to buy my first dive watch soon and I'm a little bit confused whether should I go for "Aeris F11" or to look for newer model "Oceanic F11"? o_O

I know "Aeris F11" had some pretty annoying bug so do you know has it been fixed or not, and do "Oceanic F11" have that bug too?

Thank you in advance for your replies and sorry for my English.

Nikola

Same company. (Just finally changed the battery on my f.11 - I think it's been at least two years.

Fondueset thank you for replying. So, I guess it doesn't matter which one will I take then.

Just one more question. Do you have that bug on your F11 that doesn't show you your last dive information automatically when you emerge?

Fondueset thank you for replying. So, I guess it doesn't matter which one will I take then.

Just one more question. Do you have that bug on your F11 that doesn't show you your last dive information automatically when you emerge?
Yes - this is an irritating feature - but it's not a bug. I just can't seem to get them to rewrite the firmware. FYI - the F.10 v2 does have the display you want. On the f.11 you have to push the lower left button to see it. It just depends if the added features of the f.11 are worth it to you.

That's not an issue any more. The latest 1B firmware firmware finally solved it.

Unless we have different 'rev 1b' versions, the previous dive surface display on the f.11 WITH REV.1b remains only as long as the Between Dive Surface Interval (BDSI) setting. This is the interval that determines when the watch will begin to count a new dive i.e. -( if, for example, yours is set to 30 seconds - then a second dive within that time period will be counted as part of the previous dive.) I keep this interval set at 5 seconds because I do short interval training in the pool - so, after 5 seconds, the display changes back to the 'FREE' screen.

The f.10v2 displays your previous dive depth and time and current surface time when you are at the surface - regardless of the BDSI setting. I've asked Aeris to change the f.11 to this same functionality, but they don't consider the change critical enough at this time - since you can see your last dive by just pushing the lower left button.

(Ref Below: Images of f.10 and f.11 (rev 1b) after same surface interval with same BDSI settings)

p1763144653-3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I thought that the last dive display is shown for the fixed time after surfacing. Anyway, all you need to do is to set a sufficiently long BDSI time.

Thanks for the info. I thought that the last dive display is shown for the fixed time after surfacing. Anyway, all you need to do is to set a sufficiently long BDSI time.

Correct - but the watch will not record a new dive until the BDSI interval is expired. (instead it will add the time, plus the surface time, to the previous dive)

On the f.10 this is not an issue since the previous dive is displayed regardless of BDSI setting for 10 or 15 minutes (not sure which). The intent of the BDSI interval would seem to be a relic from scuba diving - because the f.11 also allows, independently, to set a surface interval alarm, independent of BDSI and not affecting surface display; in the event you want to monitor your surface intervals.

It is not a huge issue, but I think they should fix it and I encourage everyone to bother them about it :)

Hello Fondueset!! another question :whistle:
Should i set an alarm for depth/surface time? I explain with an example: i make a dive of 2 minutes, i set an alarm at 2/3/4 times the dive time to make sure i get the right restore.

Thanks a lot for all the work till now!!!!!

Hello Fondueset!! another question :whistle:
Should i set an alarm for depth/surface time? I explain with an example: i make a dive of 2 minutes, i set an alarm at 2/3/4 times the dive time to make sure i get the right restore.

Thanks a lot for all the work till now!!!!!

Hi Watersea_Steve, in my experience it can be hard to hear those alarms - depending on the thickness of your suit hood - so I would not rely on them at depth (I do not like the idea of tracking your dive time while you are down there - I think it is way too easy to get into a competitive thing with yourself). That said, I used depth alarms (set to every 10 meters) when I was doing depth at Dean's Blue Hole - warm water; very thin suit so I could hear them. (I remember the first time I heard that 4th alarm..) If you can hear the watch I do think a surface interval alarm is a nice thing - for me, tracking my surface recovery times is the main use of a depth gauge. With the alarm you can relax even more because you needn't even move your arm to look.

So, if i've understood well, there is not a settable alarm for surface recovery time (i.e. surface recovery-time 4-times of dive time), correct me if i'm wrong!!

I completly agree with your mind, many times i begin to hear depth alarm when already at bottom :LOL:, so i was hoping to hear the "right surface recovery-time alarm" despite of thickness of my suit hood just because i'm at the surface.

So, if i've understood well, there is not a settable alarm for surface recovery time (i.e. surface recovery-time 4-times of dive time), correct me if i'm wrong!!

I completly agree with your mind, many times i begin to hear depth alarm when already at bottom :LOL:, so i was hoping to hear the "right surface recovery-time alarm" despite of thickness of my suit hood just because i'm at the surface.

Pretty sure there is - it's in the 'set a' settings and is called 'SRT'

Wwwwonderul!!!! The ultimate dive-watch.
Thank you so much Fondueset, i'm ever and ever in love with this computer.
Will be my next present for myself .

Any setting missing??

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT