• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA Hellas candidacy for 2011 WC

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Panos Lianos

Oct 31, 2004
Hello Freediving friends,

With this post I would like to inform you that AIDA Hellas has sent a candidacy for the 2011 individual WC (all 3 depth disciplines).

You can find our official bid in the files attached to this post.

If you would like AIDA Hellas to host this event, please contact your national AIDA and let them know. The vote in the AIDA International Assembly has started and will be over on October 4th.

We hope you support our bid and see you in this fantastic competition!

Panos Lianos
AIDA Hellas president

Attachments

• AIDA Hellas 2011 World Championship Candidacy.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 348
  • AIDA Hellas 2011 WC Budget.doc
    43 KB · Views: 266
Finals day for each discipline would be directly after the heats day - ouch!
Otherwise an excellent proposal - would be great to have a World Championship event in Greece.

Reactions: spaghetti
Congrats to AIDA Hellas on a great looking proposal. It's enough to tempt me back...... :) It's a while since the competitions I attended in Greece but they were always excellently organized, very safe and a lot of fun. I sincerely hope you win your bid to host in 2011 - it would be great for athletes and the sport. Good luck Panos et Al! I've never been to Santorini!!

It's enough to tempt me back...... :)
Wow, that would be fantastic, seeing you back again competing, Tanya! Hope the temptation is strong enough :)

Yes, congrats to the proposal, Panos. I saw all of them, and can tell that all of them are amazing, and all of them bring something very attractive. I think we are not supposed to speak about it openly yet, so I won't comment on the other contenders. But we, in the Czech AIDA, already do research among our members, and Santorini is indeed attractive for the Czechs (and likely other Central Europeans), also because of the prices and availability of flights.

Hello Will,

Of course you understand that this is preliminary schedule.

Good luck with your proposal.

Great proposal Pano! Santorini is beautifull and i think it may be a perfect place for diving!! Good luck!!!

Santurini is a beautifull location in the middle of a Volcano - deep water next to sheltering high cliffs!

Locals already publicly offered the freediving community their apartments (since they are into spearfishing).
There is the unique possibility of living on yachts which could be attached on one side to shore and the other end directly to the diving boat. Daily trips with the yachts for spearfishing whenever wanted. So there is fish as much as one can eat!
The yachts are very inexpensive as the chartering company is in close relation with the organization and it is off-season for chartering yachts.

I offered my advice to the organizers to make sure the safety is guaranteed, unlike previous WC and other comps!

There are no moskitos or sand-flees and always good visibility unlike in the Bahamas!

I hope to see you all there!

I'll vouch for Panos... everything that he planned turned out to be a great success! I am sure it will be a hell of a comp. in this beautiful country!!! Maybe I will start a comeback ;-)... best wishes to everyone, Tom

Tanya, Herbert, Tom,... - did not see a thread with so many big names participating since many years. And in plus people that we almost never see here on DB. I start to suspect if someone did not penetrate the user database, and does not post in their names. Especially seeing Herb criticizing other contenders with comments slightly under the belt, makes me a bit suspiscious, because it is not something I would expect from him.

That told, all contenders have my support, and it is undeniable that the proposal of AIDA Hellas is very interesting. I am sure nobody from AIDA Hellas directly has their fingers in it, and perhaps all Tanya, Herb, and Tom commented for real, but it's true it surprises me. Perhaps a big fan of Santorini has the access to the member accounts? Or am I completely wrong and stupidly paranoid?

OK, OK, but if Martin Stepanek now shows up and comments here too, I'll get really nervous :D

Reactions: BennyB
Looks a bit dodgy to me. Just doesn't sound like Herbert and Tom, not that I know either of them well.

Oops, what I meant to say was:

Vote for AIDA Hellas! because it's, like, awesome and stuff!!! Yeah!?!

:cool:

Folks - we keep a close eye on threads here and have means to checking to see posting patterns and where in the world they come from. We've checked all posts in this thread and all seem to be in order.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT