• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA no-fins record attempts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
the french guy is Christian Charras, he is attempting 60m unassisted constant in a couple of weeks. Saw him training this weekend.

we at saltFree have taken up the challenge and are all going to have a go at unassisted this weekend! keep posted for the results! however I'm sure its much harder in 5ml suits..

sam
www.saltfreedivers.com

what sort of depths was Christian reaching?
Sam Still has been getting into unassisted recently. he's done 41 twice now- in a 5/3mm with no weight.

Confused...

Have a look at this:

(http://www.omegawatches.com/omega/userEvent?ID=23688)

"After beating Italian Nicola Brischigiaro’s existing world record for freediving under ice by five metres, he moved straight to his second record attempt – with the aid of a scooter – and reached a depth of 150 metres (the previous world record was 100 metres)! "

After reading the Omega article, it would appear that Christian Redl told Omega that he dived 90m and 150m DEEP, as opposed to horizontally. It no doubt reinforced his sponsorship as Austria's up and coming champion (or so it says in the article).

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

IF you look at the pictures you can see that he also did the record on a Farallon scooter. The last guy who tired it , that I saw, was using a Dacor Seasprint. This is more of a difference in scooters than breath hold.

When is someone going to try it on a Gavin?;)

Jon

To be honest, I am not a distinct fan of Christian Redl's "athletic" performances. But I must clarify that the "150m depth thing" is clearly a mistake made by Omega. I was present at the ice records as was the PR consultant of Omega Austria. It was obvious to everybody incl. this marketing lady that the dives were executed horizontally - so the statement on Omega's website is not a product of Christian's marketing strategy. Lake Weissensee is a crystal clear lake with visibilities of around 20 meters and a perfect setting for ice diving as it is always covered by ice from November to March (20 - 40cm). The lake is 86m deep by the way - so no way of doing 90-150 in depth.

Depth of Lakes

Maximum Depth of Weissensee: 99mt
Maximum Depth of Wörthersee: 86mt

has nothing to do with the argument about the "records", it's just information.

regards
Gerald

I tried to put together all the info about record attempts.

The results are on this page :duh :duh

Honestly, when a great freediver like Herbert announces 30 meters... I really don't know what to think. Ten days ago, a member of our Forum tried CB without fins for his first time and did 38m.

Ok, AIDA, FREE and IAFD ignore each other..... but I guess freedivers should show more respect for each other and go for *real* records. Otherwise, someone might think that some so-called records are attempted just for a fistful of dollars.

Joefox

PS Next month Alessandro Rignani Lolli should go for a.....DIVE in CB below 93 meters.

All the best ...

To direct this thread towards a brighter direction: I would like to wish all the best to David Lee and the entire F.R.E.E. - safety crew for the upcoming record attempt in unassisted constant ballast. I would also like to wish a full recovery and plenty of great dives to Yasemin.

regards
Gerald

Reactions: tuomo
You're right, I see now (53 are less than 60 anyway)

------------
the numbers on your page are outdated and the numbers have no real meaning until the last prerequisite dive was done or one week before the attempt.
------------

I got them from the page you are linking 10 days ago!
I was just trying to undestand and make other people understand what's going on. Noway.

-----------
So please don't discredit freedivers
-----------

I don't discredit anyone! I don't take their decisions.

Joefox

Herbert did his CWWF Prerequisite Dive to 50m (16.08.2003) - his first and only dive in this discipline up to now ...

Ok, here we go, I don't tell bullshit and I don't like to appear as an unreliable fellow.

Google cache is really useful.

nitsch_attempt.gif

I'd like to post the link, but there seems to be a problem. I put it here anyway

http://www.google.it/search?q=cache...url:www.aida-international.org&hl=it&ie=UTF-8[/url]

Maybe Herbert changed his mind after the 50 m dive, but he had announced 30 meters.

Joefox

Re: All the best ...

Originally posted by Gerald
: I would like to wish all the best to David Lee and the entire F.R.E.E. - safety crew for the upcoming record attempt in unassisted constant ballast. I would also like to wish a full recovery and plenty of great dives to Yasemin.Gerald

I agree, good call. Best of luck!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

And good luck to Herbert and anyone else that's doing real world-class attempts at actual disciplines.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

its' not a world record but a few weeks ago it would have been

one of our divers at saltfree did just over 30m unassisted this weekend in a murky green cold lake with a 5ml suit on.

Go Mark!

Sam
saltfreedivers.com

Topi Lintukangas 60 meters

hi,
am i right that topi did 60 meters unassited? thats would be easily a world record, maybe it will be broken in a few days, but it is still 27 meters more then current one.
didnt he announce a wr? is it "only" a national record?
i am not sure what he did, because i havent seen the whole video, my internet is too slowly!! but they write it was constant weight without fins and this dephts seems to be possible for the real big guys, doesnt it?
please tell me i understand something wrong.
greets mat

hi

Mate Topi is the wr holder with FREE which is another freediving organisation kinda like AIDA

cheers

Hi

Hi you can see the information about Carlos Coste and his 55 meters unassited he did yesterday....I think the information is in espanol... sportalsub.net

saludos

Daniel.

Reactions: Erik
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT