• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA WCh 2007, Maribor

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the write up Benny. Any idea what Kathryn's DQ in the nofins qualifying was for?

its all happening in Maribor eh? Masked gunmen, world records, vomiting competitors. Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there.
Great to see Carlos Coste back in the game.

Congrats Natalia! You are a legend!

Kiwi Kathryn - Great to hear you are doing well. Hope the rest of your party weren't too freaked by the masked gunmen. Means you guys won't be forgetting Maribor in a hurry though eh?

Best wishes to all the participators, wish I could be there too.:)

Poor Kathryn... I think she was having issues with nerves beforehand (was a pretty tense comp in parts), particularly seeing as this was her signature event. She got to about 112m and had a decent BO, the safety guy had trouble getting her up for some reason as well. She was pretty upset about the whole thing considering she's done plenty more before.

Hope you're okay Kathryn? Top marks for effort!

Hope there is someone taking some film of these happenings?

Any info on the times of Stig and Antero?????

I was close to Stig, i recall him doing 5 min plus, maybe close to 6ish but he came up for some reason and didnt do the protocol. Antero was at the very end of the pool, cant say why he came up early...

Herbert also came up earlier than expected, according to him, in an interview at the pool after the performance due to the fact that he lost concentration when, right before the start, he had removed a second pair of trousers (to keep warm) messing up his concentration. Conclusion - never remove your pants before a big event, static or not :D

Antero was touched by his coach after he surfaced.

I tend to notice that these days... :D

Tomek Bryl, Polish freediver ends up 2nd in STA, setting new National Record with 7'15" (7"08"previous and not mine)

Thousands of Polish freedivers are now marching celebrating on the streets of capital, Warsaw. Naked freediving mermaids are dancing and police squads sent by the goverment are very friendly and tolerant.

Not really (too bad) but here's what's going on

http://forums.deeperblue.net/freedi...-goes-strong-now-we-celebrate.html#post653457

WOW !!!
2 new WR in DNF
Natalia (who else) 149 meter
Stig 186 meter

Unbelievable and RESPECT !!!!!
Wish I was there to see it happen. :waterwork

Last edited:
Some errors in the press release (everyone's probably already partying):

-William Winram is Canadian, not Danish.
-Natalia's 205m not listed as a WR/NR?

-William Winram is Canadian, not Danish.
-Natalia's 205m not listed as a WR/NR?
You rae so right. On the WC forum I used Sandis computor when I posted so I cant correct it there. In the external pressrelease we will hopefully have it corected in time.

Sebastian

Stig did 186 DNF! Wow that is huge. Big congratulations. :friday

P.S. I too am eager to see the video.

Waiting at the airport as I'm typing now... As I was judging I really didn't have time to film the performances, but.... I did have time to take pictures and film for some hours during the party and after party! I think some people will find this also very interesting ;) I will sort out all the pics later. You can expect some big updates tomorrow on my website. It was such a busy schedule and week it was hard to keep up.

Back at home in London now.... how depressing!

Last night was crazy - got home and in bed by 7am and up at 8am to pack the room up, that's a new definition of pain! Just downloaded my photos and there's some bizarre ones of last night too :friday Compelling arguments as to why I should never booze again!

congratulations to all competitors for their fantastic performances!!!
one question i have:
why was william winram DQ in the DNF finals ? and how long was his distance?
thx,
best regards
andi

William had a bad lmc... I think the distance was around 158 meters, that was what I could see from the complete other side of the pool were I was judging.

Will had a big samba indeed and the SP was not complete. Pitty, i think he deserved a place in the top 3 with consistent great performances.

On another note, the closing party was mad! when the pictures are out, you could see what i am talking about so i dont have to write thousends of words! In particular the Hyperventilating Freediver was absolutely hilarious!

Serge

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT