• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Air gun easy loader

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I just finished my new Easy Loader.

1612955663095.png

Reactions: foxfish
I did some fine tuning... Made better grip for the handle.
Ready for transport...

Attachments

• 1613043045832.png
    1613043045832.png
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 317
  • Loader2021Transport.jpg
    Loader2021Transport.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Here is one more, very important, improvement to design of Easy Loader. It makes attaching the Loader to the speargun much more easier.
The force (F) now is acting parallel to the spear, at Distance = R + diameter of Dyneema, independently of the angle of Dyneema attached to the speragun. R is the radius (OD/2) of the winch shaft. This parallel acting force makes possible to have less wraps around the spear to prevent bowing because the unwraps are slower.

Force1.jpg

The video shows how could be the Dyneema attached to the speargun and how to remove it after using the Loader.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voja and Zahar
It is very inconvenient to be in the water without support under your feet to load a gun like that! The idea is great, but in my opinion it needs a stationary location on a muzzle with a folding collar!

It is very inconvenient to be in the water without support under your feet to load a gun like that! The idea is great, but in my opinion it needs a stationary location on a muzzle with a folding collar!
Zahar, it is easier to use it in water. Here is a video of a Spanish guy from 2011. He already have two Easy Loaders.

This was me using the Loader in water:

Good location on muzzle is preferable.

Reactions: Zahar
Salvimar don't appear to have an extended loader in their catalogue. They may be interested in an Easy Loader for their “Predathor” guns, especially as the two line hooks on either side of the front nose cone provide a swelling to anchor against. A moulded plastic half circle with a cord wrap could clip into the line hook holes to provide a stable anchor point for the loader. The holes would only act as a locator to index the plastic anchor which would bear on the nose cone itself.

Reactions: tromic and Zahar
No, I suppose Tekel was the only one who made his version of Easy loader presenting the image of it.
where did you get the picture, though? I can't find any info or photos on it. Not even clear how it works form that one photo.

Designing a different kind of load assist for band guns. Will post when ready.

This an interesting solution for loader for long guns using water pipes "T" connections:

Attachments

• Loader-Vojo2.jpg
    Loader-Vojo2.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Loader-Vpjo1.jpg
    Loader-Vpjo1.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Voja and Zahar
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT