• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

android apnea training app - flow

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gregl83

Jun 1, 2017
Backstory

Two years ago I started apnea training for freediving. Within weeks I found this training to improve many aspects of my life but most importantly safety while freediving. I have used a few apnea training apps for android phones and there are some great ones on the market but at the end of the day I wanted something more tailored to my training. Additionally, I wanted to be able to add features more rapidly than apps I was using.

Solution

When time allowed I built my own and today released it on Google Play Store. I'm interested in helping make an excellent, community driven and easy-to-use app.

Android App

It's literally the first release with the minimum amount of features and I'm NOT a designer so I'm open to help from any designer out there who wants to make it prettier.

You can give it a try and see if it works well for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protoblue.flow

Usage

There is a help included with the app that's worth a quick read. The app, for now, only includes two types of sessions with a hard number of training sets and a breath hold time calculated based off your personal best. I use and recommend the Dynamic Time session.

What's Next

Anyone who gives it a try, thanks a ton! If you like it or see potential, I'm definitely interested in your feedback,

What I'll be doing is putting together a feature list based on user feedback and my how much it will cost (time) to add those features (prioritize).

It's a lot of work to put these things together in your free time so I hope this is helpful to some other people. For me, it's now the only app I use to train and see potential for lots of awesome features.

IOS version will be available after some feedback.

Reactions: JiiPee
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…